Chapter 8 - You are a pack member Garret

Dan leaned across the booth and gave Steph a gentle kiss. "I would like that. I do like you and that is saying something. There have been other women in my life but only short term. Would it bother you if I said that I would like to see if we might have something long term?" His face was relaxed though his eyes were looking somewhat vulnerable. It had been so many years since his last mate and all others had been one night or two night stands for the most part. Carla had been a bit longer but she was with one of his other wolves currently. Dan had no more interest in her because of that. If the two decided to mate then it would be wrong for him to get involved with her again.

Steph leaned into the kiss before she blushed lightly. "I feel much the same Dan. I want to get to know you better and relax next to you in front of the fire. Or relax in front of your house while looking at the stars in the summer. You are both a very sexy man and someone I can see as being in my life." She reached over and wrapped her hand around his neck and pulled him into another kiss. "Now that we have that out of the way what are we going to order?"

He leaned into the kiss and enjoyed the warmth of her hand on the back of his neck. "I know I am too sexy for my shirt... You are pretty darn sexy as well Steph and meat, lots of meat for dinner. Well for me but whatever you want order." Damn it but she was a very attractive woman. Carla had been a good looking woman as well but she had ended up with one of his junior wolves. They were doing well and he had a feeling he was going to mate with her eventually. Steph simply exuded confidence and strength. No, not a lycan type of strength but she knew who she was and it showed. That was a definite draw to him.

She wrinkled her nose. "Get ready for an expensive meal Dan." She chose not to reply to his sexy shirt joke. Steph knew he was more than well off but that wasn't what drew her to him. Steph could tease him though just because. "I think I am going with the surf and turf as well as the mixed platter of appetizers." Steph knew what she didn't eat he would and she was hungry.

Dan grinned. "Go for it and I hope you enjoy the food. After this if you want we can go to the Grim Fandango and relax. Some mellow music would be nice and from what I understand there is a killer band there tonight." Frankly he needed to blow off some steam.

Steph leaned forward and grasped his hand. "I hope you enjoy your meal as well and the Grim Fandango? Oh my, that is a totally cool place. I love the mixture of music there. I don't go there often but on special occasions it rocks." This was going to be a good night even with knowing there was something going on. "We do need to talk when we get to your house. We need to talk either tonight or in the morning."

Dan gave her hand a return squeeze before answering. "We do and I will answer as much as possible. Something's I can't or won't due to who I am but I will answer as much as possible." Just for good measure he lifted her hand to his lips and kissed it. Moments later the waiter was there and they ordered the food.

He knew they really did need to talk but right now he needed the release of a night on the town. His wolf was trying not to be irritated but both of them were. Both were dealing with the rogue cat, Mari finding Shanna, and now the attacks on a pride and possibly a pack. They needed some time, and yes sex, to destress and calm down. One of the reasons he was taking Steph to the Grim Fandango was help both of them relax and just spend time together. Tomorrow Mari's friends were hopefully coming over so she could actually act like a teen.

The food arrived moments later and both had to close their eyes and slowly inhaled. The food smelled damn good as usual. For tonight Dan had gone for steak with a large potato and the salad. Steph had gone with a chicken dish and mixed veggies and a salad as well. There was basket of bread as well which both enjoyed.