Chapter 10 - Steph is what?

Once Shanna and Mari had left the room Aurora turned to Garrett and captured his face with her hands. "Garrett you are my mate. We might not have actually mated but you are my mate and that is the long, short, and entirety of it. I am not going to ask you what happened since I have a feeling I know some of what you went through." She had watched Dan deal with him and was on the edges of the pack bond. "We are going to deal with this and we are going to work our way through it. My cat and I are going to be next to you through whatever it takes to help you heal. I am not going to lead, I am not going to follow, I am going to stand next to you. You will lean on me as much as needed as at some point I will end up leaning on you." Aurora made sure that Garrett met her eyes as she was speaking.

"I am going to talk to Joachim about moving into the pack house for the time being. You need your Alpha close to help you. I understand and can deal with being around wolves. At some point Joachim is going to bring you into the Pride as well." She did have to make a face. "I think the fates are laughing at me since I have been teasing my cous about having a dog type for a mate. Now we are going to get dressed, I am going to talk to who we need to and then go over. I will not keep you from Emma or Lydia since that would be mean and cruel. You might not see them every day but you will be able to call them and once everyone is inducted into the pride or pack you will have a mental bond with them." Her eyes searched his as she was talking.

Garrett tried to speak but he was simply too emotionally screwed up to know what to say. He finally settled for nodding his head. His eyes showed how scared he was and his scent showed he still wasn't sure about believing she could care for him. Even his wolf was traumatized by what had happened to the two of them. For him it had happened to the two of them unlike some of Mari's experience. His jaw was clenched as her thumbs stroked his cheeks and as hard as he tried he couldn't keep the tears back.

Aurora pulled him to her and urged him to rest his head on her shoulder. As he started to really cry she started purring for all she was worth. *Mari I am going to talk to Joachim about bringing Garrett to Alpha Legarith's house for the time being. Would it be okay if I used the other room across from yours?* She hoped Mari wouldn't mind.

Mari was working on a piece of bacon when she was contacted by Aurora. *That isn't a problem at all and that room has been reinforced much as mine was. It was mostly due to their being connected via the same bathroom. When we leave I can drive you there unless you have your own car. There is plenty of food so if you are done talking to Garrett why don't you come down and feed him. A full wolf is a more content wolf for the most part.*

Aurora had to smile at that since it applied to cats as well. "Since you have some of your clothes here get dressed and pack a bag. Pack enough clothes for a few days and we can come back and get more as needed." She pulled on some clothes and pulled a couple of bags out and started carefully packing some of her clothes in it. She made sure and grabbed her shower things as well since she did have a very select list of what she would use.

As she was packing she kept half an eye on Garrett to make sure he was packing what he was going to need. She had packed up his toiletries as well and handed them to him. "Looks like we have enough for a few days. Oh, Mari and Shanna are having some friends over for part of the day. Some of them know what we are but others don't. One or two I don't care for but they won't do anything to hurt you." *Mari talk to your friends about Garrett please. Tell them not to ask any personal questions.*

Mari blinked and sighed before she went back to eating. As the two of them were eating Joachim and Emma came in and grabbed some food. They were looking rather cuddly at the moment which made Mari smile. When Joachim noticed and raised an eyebrow she settled for smirking at him. That got her frowned at for a moment. "Darn good bacon Joachim. Dan tends towards the thick cut maple but this thick cut applewood smoked is darn good as well."