Chapter 2. Wolfing Out

"The new kid looked in pain when he left the classroom after you, what happened?" Gray asked Lucy. They were at lunch as a three, eating. The new kid, Natsu, was all alone on a table. The table was not too far away so he could easily pick up the sound of his voice.

"None of your stupid business!" She hissed at him. Gray exhaled heavily as he raised his eyebrows.
"You're only crabby once a month! What happened with him? I could sort it out!" Gray pressed. Lucy looked up from the meat on the plate and to him.
"Why don't you ask him if he likes football or something and stop bugging me!" Lucy sighed. She never had been this angry before in her life without her veins turning black and her eyes changing brown to gold. Gray stood up and walked over to Natsu with a grin. He had to welcome him in but he couldn't help but get mad at the fact that he got in a fight with his best friend. He sat next to Natsu and took no mind in what he was drawing. He got up from their short conversation back to Lucy with grimace. Natsu hadn't taken an interest in football.

Lisanna, Flare and Laki walk up to Natsu and sit down on his table. They sprawled their expensive bags onto the table and batted their eyelashes. He realized he had to talk to them or they wouldn't leave him alone. "Hi, um...do you know who Lucy Heartfilia is? The girl I sit next to?" Natsu asked them. Their eyes fall on Lucy--who was eating her meat--and back on them.
"Her family had lived here for five hundred years. But enough about her, she and her friends are like...outcasts!" Lisanna said to him. They got up and noticed his drawing but didn't bother to ask him about it. They had walked back to their table.

o.O.o

"I have an idea about the club!" Levy said. They were in the photography room. It wasn't a dark room because the school had let who ever joined to use their cell phones to take photos. Of course, no one outside of the club knew this. They had a printer in the corner of the room and a photo copier. They had the room decorated with their personal stuff to make it homely. "What?" Lucy asked. The three was desperate for new members. They didn't care if the members wouldn't even go to the club. This club was everything to them. They would meet up with an excuse if they were grounded. Say that it was for a club and meet up at a coffee shop. They had a friend working there to make lies for them so their parents would believe them! "After school is a bird watching club! We can get students there to join us!" Levy said.
"I don't think many people would be in that club," Gray said what Lucy had thought.
"Not if it was in the woods! You know, kids can't go in there so they would want to go!" Lucy suddenly remembered.
"You just want to go to that club because of your monster!" Gray snorted. When Levy was little, she went in the woods with her parents. They had gotten separated and she tried to find her way back. She said there was a monster looking at me through the fallen trees. Ever since then, she had been trying to find evidence.
"Not true, do you want to go or not?" Levy asked.
"We're in!" They laughed.

o.O.o

Natsu had opened his locker and smelt something in it, a food. It was some kind of fish, sushi. He took the box of it and looked at it crossly. "Hah! Japan boy had his food for lunch!" Laxus grunts. He and his friends had always like to tease the new kids with stuff. He had decided it was Natsu's turn.
"I'm not even Japanese!" Natsu growled at them. They laughed before leaving. Natsu held the box and threw it at Laxus. Laxus turns around with Sushi bits in his hair and on his clothes. The box was on the floor with the soy sauce spilling out of it. Laxus runs towards Natsu and tried to throw a punch. Natsu reaction was to hold his arm and swing Laxus around. He did it and threw Lacus on the ground. He went on his knees and picked up Laxus. He grabbed him by the collar and pushed him to the wall. Natsu could feel the tingly sensation growing and becoming more intense. He could feel his gums changing to black and his veins turning black. He couldn't run away, not from Laxus. He would be ruined. Lucy had gotten out of the club room and saw all the side effects of turning into a wolf. Before Natsu could do any further action, Lucy tackled him. She had her arms wrapped around his waist and she had begun to pull him back into the club room. "I'm so sorry!" He apologized. He didn't know that she was the same as him...
His eyes turned amber and the veins covered his face. She could see his black gums and took a step back. The next moment he was a wolf. He started to run about--he was angry. He knocked down camera from a shelf and sent papers flying. He turned to face Lucy, panting. Lucy began to go down on one knee and held out one arm extended to him. Her eyes flashed amber like his and she calmed him down. All werewolves had the power to calm down wolves. He turned back into human and spat out a paper that got caught in his mouth. "We're the same!" Natsu said. He sounded happy and looked happy, "I'm glad I'm not the only one!" He laughed.
"We're nothing the same," Lucy hissed at him, "You're wild and I don't wolf out every time I get angry! We're not even remotely similar!". They heard the door creak open and Gray and Levy standing there.
"What happened?" Levy shrieked at the sight. All the important files she had were scattered. The computer was broken. Most of the shelves were broken and a new camera was broken. Before Lucy could answer, Natsu stormed out of the room. He had been hurt by her response.
"He had to blow off steam," Lucy said before leaving the room as well.

o.O.o