Chapter 11. Acnalogia

Laxus and his friends were the laughing stock of the school after the poster incident. Every time they had passed by a group of students, they would laugh at them. They didn't like the feeling of being laughed at. They liked laughing at other people but didn't like this feeling of embarrassment. "Everyone, calm down!" Mr. Makarov hushed his class down. "In a few days, we will be going to the Dead Necromancy!" He announced and the whole class burst into cries of fear and screams. The Dead Necromancy was the home to the 'dragons' of Fiore. They had lived there and had their bones buried in the courtyard. There wasn't enough evidence to prove there were dragons but there were cave drawings of them surviving there, drawn my humans. "Quiet! Here are your slips!".

o.O.o

It was night and Lucy was outside. She had her blanket over her shoulders and she was looking up at the sky. The moon was almost full. "I couldn't sleep the night before my first full moon, either," A voice said. It was her mom. Layla rubbed her shoulders as they both looked up.
"Does it hurt when you transform, like the movies?" Lucy asked. She knew comparing the movies to the real thing was ridiculous but she wanted to know.
"No, it doesn't. Well, only if you try to resist it." Layla said.

o.O.o

"Everyone, off the bus!" The teacher said. Lucy jumped off the bus and used Lisanna as support. She had to push down on her shoulders. She then ran up to a tree and used it as a rebound board.
 "Lucy, Nastu! Stop acting like three-year-olds!" The teacher yelled at them. Lucy couldn't help it, the moon was having an effect on her. She was going to have to go back to her home after the trip to transform in the den with her family and Natsu. She jumped on Natsu's shoulders and he laughed with her. He liked Lucy was she was fun and less uptight, she seemed more fun. Levy and Gray were still on the bus, talking. 
"I know what I saw, Gray, she's a werewolf!" Levy hissed at him.
"Simplest answer, they're dating, she's not a mythical creature!" Gray said. Levy was meant to be smart like normal people and smart kids but she was acting like a mad scientist. 
"Whatever, let's just go outside..." Levy said quietly. Gray knew he had gotten in her head by her saying that, he knew she was doubting herself. They both went up to Natsu and Lucy, who were messing about. "Hey, when we get back, can we go to my house? My mom's bunnies had just given birth! The cute fuzzy things are so cute, you can each have one!" Levy winced at them. It was a test to see if Lucy would come or not because tonight was a full moon! By the time they would arrive home, it would be sunset. 
"Sorry, my mom wants me to practice my vocals but can I come tomorrow after school?" Lucy asked Levy. It was a good excuse. She had used it many times with Levy and Levy knew how much singing meant to Lucy. Levy was disappointed.
"I can, either. I'm helping Lucy, she had a su--" Natsu tried to play along with Natsu.
"Shut up, it won't be if you tell them!" Lucy said before he could say anything else.
"Won't be what?" Levy asked them. She was confused, and she was rarely confused. 
"Doesn't matter, can we come after school tomorrow?" Natsu asked.
"Sure thing!"Levy giggled.
"Can I see you practice, Lucy? Levy might want to say bye to her baby bunnies tonight so she can give them to us," Gray explained. He wanted to see if they were actually going to practice or go out on a date.
"Sorry, private!" Lucy giggled and went to the crowd of students with Natsu.

o.O.o

"As you know, this place had been here for centuries! These cave drawings indicate the dragon era and how they had trained humans to fight and be like them!" Makarov said.
"No, they're wolves, I can smell it. This was how werewolves were made, trained and learnt to be like them. Then their bodies had mutated to be like this..." Lucy whispered to Natsu. The humans were clever enough to cover the fact they were werewolves by making the evidence dragons! 
"Yeah, I smell it, I guess your parents taught you this?" Natsu asked her.
"Yeah," Lucy giggled. 
"This was the king of dragons, Acnalogia. He was the one who had the idea to train humans to create an army, to destroy the weak and recruit the strong. His plan had failed and he had died of the war," Makarov said.
"Truths with lies, Acnalogia had won the war and ran away with his pack," Lucy said to Natsu.
"Aren't werewolves immortal?" Natsu asked.
"Yeah, why?" Lucy asked him.
"There aren't any evidence that Acnolgia isn't dead so..." Natsu said.
"Just imagine all the ghosts of the Dragons and the dragon slayers! All their screams and the blood!" Makarov said. Lucy felt dizzy. It was easy to figure out how a wolf would howl in pain or how they would die. She had seen her uncle die of a silver bullet one summer, she could never forget the noise. She felt her balance slowly slipping away and her sight getting blurry. She had tried to grab onto Natsu but her hand had hit the cave wall. The wall had caused her thumb to bleed. She ran. She had run onto the top of a turret. She had leaned against the edge and looked down.
"What's wrong? That night in the cellars not looking so good now, is it?" Natsu asked her, he was now next to her again.
"No, miss had described the thing and it was...so..." Lucy said.
"No, don't worry..." Natsu rubbed her back. 
"Hey, sorry! I had gotten carried away with the story, I understand! Many people have different fears..." Makarov said and Gray was beside him. 
"Sorry, I just have claustrophobia and the caves were a little too much..." Lucy said. It was true, either way, she would have run away. All werewolves had claustrophobia because they would end up transforming to try to get out. Natsu would have run away as well.
"It's OK, we're going outside now! You can come when you are ready," Makarov had left.
"I didn't know claustrophobia was catching," Gray hissed at Natsu before leaving.

o.O.o