Chapter 12. Stuck In Mystery Village

It was lunch and the teacher was giving an assignment out to the kids. Gray was juggling his fruit by the edge of the turret and Levy was reading from her Kindle. Lucy had fried chicken in her lunch and she could see that Natsu had vegetables and salad. He had just poked it constantly with his black, plastic fork. Lucy threw him one of her drumsticks and he had caught it almost instantly. He had smiled a thank you to her as she giggled. Gray had seen what he had called 'flirting' and was upset that Lucy had started it. Lucy had always said that she never needed boys and that people shouldn't be stereotypical. She was a big feminist! He wanted to be the one to have her change her mind about boys and not Natsu. "So, you have to fill in the sheet! The first team to run back to me with the answers, all correct, will win a prize!" Makarov said. The word 'prize' made everyone grab a sheet from him and run out the door. It was a race and competition. Lucy kept jumping onto Natsu's shoulders and wondering off a little and coming back. They were just outside the caves and were on the fresh grass. "We already know the first four answers, so we need eight more!" Levy announced.
"Great, Lucy and I will search for the first four and you do the rest!" Natsu said.
"This is meant to be a group assignment!" Gray groaned.
"He doesn't care how we get the answers, as long as we meet up at the church, okay?" Natsu asked.
"Sure thing!" Levy said before Gray could answer. Gray and Levy looked down at their sheets to check what questions they were going to do and looked back up. Natsu and Lucy had run with their immense speed. Gray and Levy were confused, it was as if their friends had disappeared. 

o.O.o

"So, we have two theories: They are dating or Lucy's a werewolf!" Levy said.
"No, you have two theories, I have one!" Gray corrected her. It was as if he was a simple, villager with less than average intelligence, listening to a mad scientist who believes in the unknown and the loch ness monster! It really hurt to know that she didn't trust her own best friend! 
"Whatever, tonight's a full moon. Let's go to Lucy's house tonight to see if they are really practicing," Levy muttered.

o.O.o

"This place is awesome, the fresh air, mud, dirt and...and...freedom! It would be amazing if we could stay here for your first moon, ya' know?" Natsu asked her. They were walking through the coastline and were avoiding the broken wine bottles. The seashore only got cleaned every fortnight and the drunkards would walk across here and litter. 
"Yeah, it would be. But I want to spend it with my family, that's a minor!" Lucy reminded him. He would always have a set back with being alone with her but now there was nothing. But every time he had told her about transforming alone, she would deny it, even in her playful mood. They had spotted Laxus' group near a canal-like house. They were hovering around with a ball, kicking it at each other. 
"Hey," Natsu said as they came into view.
"Ello, Ello! Do ya' have any answers, yet?" Laxus asked them.
"Yep, but we ain't showing you any of them!" Lucy stuck her tongue out.  Laxus shoved Natsu around and grabbed his rucksack and threw it onto the roof.
"Like to see how you get it back, might as well save your pennies for a new one!" Laxus laughed. Natsu rolled his eyes as she started to climb onto the roof. 
"What's he doin'?" Freed asked. Natsu arrived at the roof and messed around. He didn't have any trouble with his balance so he decided to have some fun. He had leaned down to get his bag but his the wrong part of the roof and he slid down with his bag. Everyone rushed to his side to see if he was okay. 
"Go get Makarov!" Lucy yelled. The boys had split up to find the teacher. Lucy had held Natsu's head and tried to support him.
"Lucy, you go as well. You can have your full moon with your parents if you go now!" Natsu said. 
"No, your hurt!" Lucy said in horror.

o.O.o

Natsu had arrived on the bus and was sitting next to Lucy. He had been escorted to the bus by two teachers and her. They were already off schedule and if they didn't hurry, they won't be able to leave this village. The bus had hurried to the edge of the village but the road was closed and they weren't allowed to leave until tomorrow morning! "Oh, great..." Lucy muttered. This wasn't good at all.

o.O.o

"Alright! The hotel had allowed us to stay in the hotel! But only two a room so get paired up!" Makarov said.
"We're roomies, I don't want to take any chances!" Lucy said to Natsu. It wasn't any trouble, she had spoken to her parents over the phone. They had said that they had to sneak out and transform and that he would heal fast. They wouldn't be sleeping in the same room since they would be up all night. Levy and Gray had heard what she had said.
"Is that even allowed?" Levy asked.
"Yes, it is!" Makarov said over the crowd of students. 
"It's not like we don't know each other, ya' know. And, we aren't going to do anything but talk and sleep!" Lucy said to them. She would understand if any of them would think anything higher than that because Natsu was one of a kind. 

o.O.o

The plan was to not let Natsu and Lucy out of sight. 
The plan was to get out before 6:30 so they can go out and transform.

Natsu and Lucy were glued together with Levy and Gray. They could never be alone and it was time for telling ghost stories in the dark with the whole class. The clock had struck six and the two werewolves were bored. They had heard worse stories than the ones that Makarov had been telling them. They had heard the screams and cries of humans dying, moving away from country to country, countless pains they had felt, lying. It was Levy's turn. She wanted to see if she could catch Lucy off guard with a werewolf horror story. But nothing had happened and she had begun to doubt herself again. Lucy had known what she was doing and was teasing her. "Thank you, Levy! All of you, get ready for bed!" Makarov ordered. 

o.O.o

"I've lost them," Levy sighed.
"So did I!" Gray groaned. They had tried to keep up with them but it was like water in your hands, you can't handle it. 
"But that just proves me right! They want to transform where no on could see them!" Levy announced.
"But also proves me right, they could be on a date!" Gray scowled. He didn't like the idea of Lucy going out with some other guy and especially at a time like this. They had heard stories of a ghost fox, roaming the village and he was worried. He had believed in ghosts but hardly believed they were bad until now.
"Come on, let's go search for them!" Levy pulled out a flash light.

o.O.o