Chapter 14. Alter Ego

It had been three whole days after Lucy's first transformation. They were all walking through the village in the weekend and nothing was out of the ordinary. Natsu had explained after every werewolf's first transformation, they change like a human phase. He had said that he had run away from his family and joined a gang when it had happened. The thing that brought him back was being forced to kill someone. He had to drop the gun and he ran for it. Since that was in Canada a long time ago, no one would recognize him. He had gotten worried of Lucy since her phase hadn't started yet. Near the corner shop was a bunch of street dancers, having fun. Lucy had stopped to look at them and Natsu had noticed it. He had stayed by her side as Levy and Gray went in the shop. "Hey, blonde! Wanna dance?" A teen asked her. He had purple hair, piercings, and heavy metal clothing.
"Luce, stay here!" Natsu ordered her.
"I'll be right back! Just wait!" Lucy promised him before leaving.

o.O.o

"That would be sixty pence!" The man said to Levy. They had ordered in some candy. Behind the man was Lucy, dancing with some strangers and Natsu looking at her. Levy had looked closely near the end of the pop song and saw Lucy's eyes turn amber. Levy stumbled for her purse and gave the money. She quickly took the candy and ran off the shop.
"Sorry, she's really protective over our friend!" Gray apologized to the man and took the change.
"Did you see her eyes!" Levy hissed at Gray when he arrived. Lucy had finished dancing and was being scolded at by Natsu.
"No, why would I look her straight at the eyes from a shop window, eh?" Gray rolled his eyes.
"Whatever, but I saw!" Levy said to him.
"If you ever do something like that again, I'll lock you in the cellar for a week!" Natsu growled at her as they walked to Levy and Gray.
"Lock her in the cellar?" Gray squinted his eyes at Natsu.
"Ask no questions and hear no lies," Natsu said bluntly. He knew that the more lies he tells them, the more terrible the consequences would be. He didn't want to lose his friends and he didn't want Lucy to be lonely so that was the only suitable answer.
"Whatever, nice dance!" Levy giggled.
"I think someone even taped it!" Gray said.
"You said we could go to the beach!" Lucy pouted at Natsu. Natsu had promised her a good day at the beach with their friends. They could run free on the beach without looking too suspicious.
"Then come on, it's over there!" Natsu pointed into the distance. They could see the little beach huts and the sea.

o.O.o

Lucy had arrived home. She had her bikini in her plastic bag and her hair had separated locks of her golden hair. She had tried to dry it but her hair is slow at drying. She hadn't run around the beach in ages! She ran up to her room and looked at her wardrobe. She had different pairs of clothes piled onto each other and on hooks. She tried on different clothes and matched them together. She had picked out a white t-shirt, ripped jeans, sunglasses, a black feddorra and a long black coat. But it didn't seem to fit her tastes. She went for another look around for clothes.

o.O.o

Natsu, Levy and Gray were sitting down in form room, waiting for Lucy to arrive. She had never been late before and this would have gone down on her record. It was only a minute until the bell would ring and she wouuld be officially late or absent. If she didn't arrive she wouldn't get a punctuality badge or 100% attendace badge! Lucy had always been the golden child of the school. She wouldn't be at that stage if she hadn't worked so hard ot achieve it. The bell had rung and Makarov walked in for regestration. He had ended up at Lucy's name and she wasn't there. He was about to tick her off absent when she barged into the class and walked to her seat like nothing had happened. "Who dressed you up today? A clown?" Makarov joked at her. She had pink highlights in her hair, leather jacket and tight jeans! She looked different.
"Who dressed you up? Your grandma?" Lucy asked. The whole class laughed at her joke and she laughed a long. Makarov knew what was going on. He thought it was a teenage phase but he didn't know anyone that made it ths extreme. Natsy watched her with her new highlights and wondered why she chose that colour. He was soon interrupted by Makarov, "I don't know why you're still sitting here. Get out!" Makarov said. Natsu watched as Lucy walked out the room and took a sip of her coffee she had in her hands.

o.O.o

"I don't know what happened to her but it makes me want to..." Gray said to Levy as they watched Lucy play with the chemicals. Levy understood what he meant, deeply. She could see a blue haired girl looking at Gray longingly and her eyes flickered to Lucy with hatred. That was Juvia Lockser. "Miss Heartfilia, this is science class! Not the circus!" The teacher cried as he saw Lucy flipping the chemical in the air. Lucy smirked as she extended her arm in view for all the class and dropped the green liquid on the floor.
"I was testing gravity, it works." Lucy said smugly. The whole class looked at the green liquid and Lucy, not believing what she had done. The teacher could tell she could get fired from her job!
"Lucy, clean that up right now and see me after school for a detention!" The teacher said. Lucy shrugged as she walked ever so slowly to the counter for the tissues and the tap.