Chapter 18. Beast Quest

Lucy knocked on the door of her best friend's house, Levy's. She could hear Levy rushing down the stairs to get to the door. She could also hear her almost trip over the rugnear the front door. She finally made it and opened it up. Levy was already in her PJs and had her hair in a messy bun. Levy's house was just a while's away from Lucy's house but it was on the borders of the forest. Layla had offered Lucy a ride but Lucy decided to run the way since it would be more fun that way and Levy didn't suspect she was a werewolf anymore. "Let the sleep over begin!" Lucy said.
"You're early..." Levy said.
"I just couldn't wait to see you tonight!" Lucy said. This would be the first time since Natsu came that everything would be like normal. Levy shrugged as she let Lucy in. Lucy walked into the living room and saw the things she didn't want there to be. Levy had set up a bunch ofnstuff for beast hunting. "No! Levy! You said we would be having a sleep over!" Lucy whined as she fell onto the couch.
"Lucy, please! Theres something out there!" Levy said. Levy had apologized to Lucy about the whole werewolf thing with hugs and chocolates.
"Why? Why can't we talk about boys, like Gajeel?" Lucy asked.
"Gray had called me crazy for calling you a mythical beast and now people are saying I'm crazy! I need this! I need to know that I'm not crazy!" Levy blushed.
"Okay..." Lucy pouted.
"Please don't tell the boys!" Levy said and Lucy nodded. The door bell rang and Levy froze.
"It can't be them!" Levy said as she got up and went to the door. She opened the door and saw Gray.
"You're early," Levy said bluntly.
"Hi to you too," Gray said to her and walked in. He went inside the kitchen and he showed Levy his new jacket.
"Take it off, you'll freeze!" Levy shook her head as she left the room. Lucy walked in as Gray began to unpack the meat. Lucy watched as he carried on doing it.
"How much did you get?" Lucy asked as she looked at the meat on the counter already.
"I didn't know how much to get so I asked for 1Kg each," Gray said to her as he carried on unpacking the meat.
"We're going to beast hunt tonight!" Lucy sighed to him.
"I guess I should take my jacket off," Gray said.
"Yeah," She said. That was another rejection Gray had to take for her to like him.

o.O.o

Natsu sat on the couch as he laced up the boots Lucy gave him to track through the forest. Lucy sat next to him today her scent seemed to be stronger. He remember Levy giving her a tablet when he arrived. He guessed it was because she was sick or somsthing. "Did you sense anything?" She asked him.
"No, did you?" Natsu asked. Lucy shook her head and looked out the window. Nothing but trees. "So, she's looking for something that isn't even here?" Natsu asked. He was glad that they didn't need to protect them from the rogue werewolf.
"No, it's there. It's just smart. But if it isn't we need to show her something! Even if either one of us are going to tranform!" Lucy said. Natsu couldn't believe his ears.
"I get what's going on, you can't handle it! But think about me! Your parents! They won't be too happy about you blabbing on about us!" Natsu growled at her.
"I'm having stress dreams from this!" Lucy said to him. They were standing up and glaring at each other. That was when Natsh notived it. Lucy's eyes were turning deep amber and her veins were turning black. "Can you smell that? I need it! Meat!" Lucy roared. She launched herself to the door and Natsh grabbed onto her. She kept squirming in his clutches as he brought her upstairs. He trapped both of them in the bathroom. He could hear Levy and Gray outside the bathroom, demanding to get in. Natsu shifted Lucy to look in the mirror. "It's not me!" Lucy looked at Natsu.
"Luce, it has to be you! What else could it be?" Natsu asked.
"The tablet! I could have had an allergic reaction!" Lucy said. N