Chapter 6. Liar

Today was the day to present talents to our parents. This only happened once a month and funded by the expressive arts department. Lucy was planning on singing, she sounded like a siren. Levy was going to do a ultra-violet light presentation. Gray had a presentation about football. And Natsu had a presentation on his art. All werewolves had a special talent so why couldn't they use it now to show off? Lucy had sung a song she had personally written about a crush she had--and still has. Levy's ultra-violet light presentation was a success. Gray had many praises by parents. He had taught the parents on how to play football and nearly all of them had nailed it. Natsu had shown his art to the world for the first time. There were pictures of family, monsters, friends, school, the woods and even more! Laxus didn't many praises by his grandfather, Mr. Makarov. He had gone straight to Natsu. He felt a pain go through his chest. But Mr. Makarov hadn't found Natsu, he had somewhat left. Laxus ran out of the hall and outside to run back home. He turned back to face the school to check if anyone had seen. He'd seen Natsu hovering around the windows, looking into the hall. He shook his head before running back into the path.

o.O.o

Lucy, Levy, Natsu, and Gray walked into school. Lucy had explained to Natsu that she had never transformed before so he knew more than she did on that turf. She explained that when werewolves seem threatened or near the age of turning, they turn. They had seen a group of students surrounding a door to the hall from last week Friday's presentations. They pushed through the crowd and looked at the sign that read 'Don't Come In!'. Lucy ripped the sign off and opened the doors. All the presentations had been torn apart and knocked down. The grand curtains had been ripped and the whiteboard had been smashed. "What are you doing here?" Mr. Makarov yelled. He saw the faces of the children and his voice softened, "Someone came over after the presentations and wrecked the place. We'll have it fixed by next Monday, please leave." He pleaded.

o.O.o

"Our school has zero tolerance for vandalism. This incident had gone overboard. I do not care if there was a fight, if there was a panic attack or a prank! I want the culprit to 'fess up! If not, end of the year dance is canceled!" Mr. Makarov demanded. Half the class had their eyes on Natsu and the others didn't seem to care. The bell had ringed and Natsu headed for his locker.
"Where were you last Friday, Natsu?" Lisanna asked Natsu.
"I saw him hovering around the school grounds, he seemed mighty suspicious, all right!" Laxus chuckled.
"So, it was you! Why don't you say it was you!" Flare hissed at him.
"I didn't do it, morons!" Natsu yelled and pushed his way through the crowd. Lucy ran after him. "Luce, go away." Natsu pleaded.
"Luce and why?" Lucy asked him.
"I like the sound of Luce, and you're gonna start nagging me about the dance!" Natsu said.
"No, I don't believe them. You had no reason to destroy all those stuff but why didn't you come in? I saw you, you're not invisible." Lucy asked.
"I saw your family. We might be a pack but not family, I'm not ready for anything family related, ya' know?" Natsu asked.
"I believe you, I said but the problem is, who did it?" Lucy asked.
"Well, Luce. That's for the security cameras to figure out, not us." Natsu sighed.

o.O.o

It was lunch and Natsu had gotten fed up of listening to Gray's 'awesome' weekend. He stood up to throw the rest of his food in the bin and Lucy followed after him. "That was rude," Lucy said.
"Luce, can't you tell he's lying? His awesome weekend never happened! Listen, his heartbeat is the fastest one, you can easily pick it out! And your hearing must have picked up the guilt in his voice! Also, why is he the only one sweating on a cold day?" Natsu whispered.
"Gray never lies," Lucy protested.
"Well, can you ask him?" Natsu asked Lucy.
"Maybe..." Lucy said quietly.
"Thanks, Luce!" Natsu ruffled her hair before going back to the table.

o.O.o

Lucy pushed Gray into the classroom, she was doing this for Natsu. "Were you lying to us about your weekend? I don't care about the lie but why you did it." Lucy asked him.
"I didn't lie." His voice was uneven and his heart raced faster. "If you don't believe me, ask my mom!" He yelled at her before leaving.
"I'm such an idiot! He would never lie!" Lucy whispered to herself.

o.O.o

It was IT and they were working on programming. "Natsu Dragneel, can you come to my office?" The speakers boomed. All eyes were on him as he left the class. Lucy's face turned pale.
"Ma'am, can I go to the toilet?" Lucy asked.
"Yes, be quick!" She yelled after Lucy. Lucy ran up the stairs to the head of year 8's office.

"I heard that you were hovering around the school grounds, did you or did you not vandalize the hall?" Mr. Makarov asked Natsu. She had used her hearing to get a clear gist of what they were talking about.
"I came and then left," Natsu said simply.
"You left alone through the woods?" Mr. Makarov asked him.
"Are you accusing me of lying?" Natsu yelled.
"Natsu! Calm down!" Lucy whispered from the door. Natsu had heard what she had said and was shocked that she was there.
"No, just that it was dark and..." Mr. Makarov trailed off.
"I can smell the blood, ya' know?" I asked him.
"Shut up!" He yelled.
"Excuse me?" Mr. Makarov asked him, mortified.
"Calm down, think of the beach...the breeze and someone you trust and love..better?" Lucy asked and Natsu hummed a yes. "Say what I say," Lucy said.
"I came on my own but Lucy and her parents had offered me a ride. I am one of Lucy's close friends and our families are pretty close," The both said. Lucy dialled her mom on the phone as Mr. Makarov did the same.

o.O.o

Layla walked through the house. It was a great time to get to making a Christmas present for Lucy, a quilt with photos of her and her friends and family. The home phone rang and she sighed as she picked the human device up. "Hello? Yes, we gave Natsu a ride home...why? Of course, he didn't do anything!" She said before hanging up. Her phone began to ring and it was Lucy. "You cut that a bit short, didn't you, young lady?" She asked and Lucy rolled her eyes.

o.O.o