Chapter 7. We're Here For You

Lucy walked back into IT and Laxus laughed, "Can't save your boyfriend now, can ya'?". Lucy flushed at his use of words. She had never thought people thought of her and Natsu in that way.
"He's not my boyfriend and he didn't need saving!" He smiled smugly and sat back down to carry on her work. The minutes ticked by as she waited, Not soon after, Natsu walked back in with his bag slung over his shoulder.
"What's the verdict?" Freed asked. Natsu thought this over, he didn't really know what he meant so he guessed that Freed wanted know if he gotten in trouble.
"Nothing, no verdict at all. I'm a free man!" Natsu laughed before sitting back down. He sat back down in his wheely chair and clicked the mouse. Levy flicked through the colors she could use and came across purple.
"Ultra-violet!" Levy yelled. The how row looked at he and she sunk her head in embarrassment. They all seemed to not care anymore so Levy began to speak to her friends. "My ultra-violet ink spilled when the vandal ruined it!" Levy said.
"Meaning?" Gray asked.
"Meaning that he wouldn't have washed his shoes!" Levy said.
"Because they didn't know it was there!" Lucy smiled.
"So, shat do you suggest we do? We can't just check everyone's shoes!" Natsu laughed.

o.O.o

Levy was crouched down in the corridors with a ultra-violet detector in her hands. She was checking every foot in the school to see who the vandal was. "Sorry, just checking for something!" Levy kept saying every time someone looked at her.
"I was kidding, ya' know?" Natsu asked.
"But it was a great idea," Levy said. She wanted to find who ruined her best presentation, yet!
"I still think it's Gray!" Natsu whispered into Lucy's ear.
"Well, let's check his shoes when he comes!" Lucy rolled her eyes. Gray walked up to them and raised his eyebrows at Levy.
"She's checking everyone's shoes. You need to do it as well, we did it." Natsu laughed at the memory. Gray had his shoes checked but there was nothing.
"I guess you were wrong but what did he lie about?" Lucy asked Natsu.
"Don't ask me, ask him." Natsu sighed.
"Ask me what?" Gray asked.
"What really happened on your weekend?" Lucy and Natsu asked.
"I told you, watched a football match with my dad!" Gray said and looked at their unconvinced faces, "My dad didn't come to the presentations. He texted me at like 3 a.m about it." Gray said before leaving.

o.O.o

Silver, Gray's dad was outside the school with his car waiting for his son. Gray walked out the school and his face twisted in pain as he saw Silver's face. Silver walked over to him to apologies but didn't get to. "Don't apologies. I don't want to hear it!" Gray growled at him.
"Can I tell you why? Ultear was ill!" Ultear was Gray's cousin and almost a sister to him.
"So, my cousin is more important than your own son? Thanks a lot, dad." Gray stormed off. Lucy ran up to Silver.
"Lucy, I tried to explain but he won't listen!" He sighed. He didn't like being in these fights with his son.
"You let him down by a text. I'll talk to him." Lucy offered.
"But I don't know where he went!" Silver looked into the distance.
"I think I can." Lucy began to run.

o.O.o

"Lucy, go away," Gray said to her.
"Not until you talk to your dad!" Lucy said. She would even stand through a full moon for him to talk to his parents.
"Well, then, you're gonna have to get comfy. It's not happening." Gray said.
"Ultear was sick, you have to know what it was about. It could have killed her or something and here you are being selfish!" Lucy yelled at him.
"Me? Selfish? What do you mean?" Gray demanded.
"If Ultear did die, you would still be moping around because of your dad and not grieve her! At least, talk to him before I clas your eyes out!" Lucy snarled at him
"You're right. I should talk." He nodded violently. Lucy's pep talks were always scary but worked. He wanted his father back and the only way to get that was to talk to him.

o.O.o

Natsu walked the empty corridors and found a pair of shoes hanging on an open locker, Laxus'. He got the detector out and checked it. There was a glow. Natsu narrowed his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows at it to see if he was dreaming. He wasn't. It was Laxus. Laxus closed his locker and took his shoes with him. "What up, Japan?" Laxus snarled at him.
"Why did you wreck the hall?" Natsu demanded.
"I don't know what your talking about." Laxus pushes Natsu into the lockers and walked to the doors. Natsu was there. Laxus ran to the other door and Natsu was there. He ran past Natsu and arrived outside. He loomed back to check if Natsu had followed him. Natsu had run on the roofs and landed behind Laxus.
"Why'd you do it?" Natsu asked. Laxus jumped and turned around.
"I'm not gonna answer to a mutt, like you!" Laxus sneered.
"No, but you're gonna answer to me." A voice said. Natsu turned around and found Laxus' grandad, Mr. Makarov.

o.O.o

"He's got suspended for three weeks," Natsu said.
"Only three? It should be longer!" Levy and Lucy shriek.
"His grandad got soft, I think. Gray, you're happy." Natsu noticed.
"I made up with my dad and Ultear is okay!" Gray cheered.
"Ultear is his cousin, you can see her one day," Lucy explained.
"Lucy, don't tell me. You feel sorry for Laxus!" Levy groaned.
"I can't help it! And, all families have problems..." Lucy said.
"What problem does he have? His family is rich!" Gray said. A car raced by. In it was Mr. Makarov yelling at Laxus.
"Every family has problems... I think mine is wors, though." Natsu said. His family was vegetarian, his real mom abandoned him and there were loads more.
"We're here for ya'," Lucy smiled at him. Her smile was enough to melt his insides and make him smile as well.
"I have to go, gonna be late!" Natsu walked the path.

o.O.o