Chapter 8. Brink Of Transformation

It was going to be exam week. End of year tests to be exact. It's only been a few weeks since Natsu started to attend Fairy Tail Academy. Lucy was doing some late night revision for English. If she didn't want to be held back a year, she had to work. "Remember, this year is persuasive writing. After writing, it's the reading test!" The teacher had reminded them last Friday. She had to help Gray revise for the tests since he had dyslexia. It wasn't his fault he needed extra help for exam week.
"Remember AFOREST!" Jude reminded her. They were both in the kitchen and he was cooking dinner.
"Dad!" Lucy groaned.
"What's wrong, love?" Layla asked as she came in.
"I feel terrible!" Lucy moaned, "I can hear everything and it hurts my head. My gums ache, and sometimes I can't even see!".
"Oh my, it's happening!" Layla's eyes widened.
"That's it, you're not going to school," Jude said.
"Huh? Why?" Lucy asked.
"You're gonna transform in a two weeks, honey. I'll call you in sick!" Layla said.
"No! It's exam week!" Lucy protested.
"You're safer at home," Layla sighed. The steak that Jude had been cooking was done. He took the pan off the fryer and something caught on fire. It was a peace of Lucy's math paper. Layla shielded Lucy away from it. All their eyes changed to amber. Fire was a threat to all werewolves. "The cloth!" Layla shrieked. Jude looked by the oven and took the cloth. He then threw the cloth on the fire.
"I think you're right. You should go to school!" Layla nodded violently.

o.O.o

Lucy walked to school with all the symptoms threatening to reveal her identity. Her mom had given her medicine so she can drink it when she feels stressed. Gray was playing football on the playing fields. In football, you can become friends with your enemies. Meaning, he was friends with Laxus, Freed, and Bickslow. Gray had seen Lucy arrive at the school grounds. He had gotten distracted and accidently kicked the ball at Lucy. Unfortunately, it hit her satchel. The glass tube had been smashed by the impact and the medicine had spilled in her front pocket. She groaned as she realized what had happened.

o.O.o

"My head hurts, I feel like Hell!" Lucy said to Natsu.
"Heartfilia?" Mr. Makarov asked.
"I couldn't even read last night! A fat lot of good that would do for me in reading!" Lucy groaned.
"Heartfilia?" He asked again.
"What!" Lucy yelled. She had then realized Mr. Makarov was doing the register, "Sorry, here!" She smiled nervously.
"I feel for ya', been through it. You should be fine!" Natsu whispered. Lucy couldn't believe her ears. Here she was, about to explode, and he was dancing naked on a bar! Well, not really but that was no reason for him to be so calm! This might be a risk! Lucy kicked him under the table and he grunted.
"Keep it down, Dragneel." Mr. Makarov said. "As you all know, we have exam week! Today we have English in a few minutes time! After the bell we have reading! Tomorrow would be math and science. And etcetera!" Mr. Makarov announced. Laxus watched the withering look on Gray's face grow more and more. He was the perfect victim.
"You worry too much, man!" Laxus whispered.
"Oh, do I?" Gray asked sarcastically.
"There's no need for that face, ya' know. I have a plan," Laxus said.
"I don't care, I'm not in." Gray looked away from him. The teacher had been talking while they were as well. Mr. Makarov had seen Bickslow get more and more anxious as he spoke.
"Oh, cheer up, Bickslow! It's not the end of the world! Maybe, you should stop playing football and revise more," Mr. Makarov laughed.
"But, sir, that is the end of the world," Bicklow laughed. The whole class had joined in while the teacher rolled his eyes.

o.O.o

"8360100.02016 seconds left until I transform. I don't think I can take it! And Gray ruined my rescue remedy!" Lucy groaned as she went in the line with Natsu. Natsu had figured something out.
"Do you want to know what helps?" Natsu asked.
"Yeah, what is it?" Lucy held his hand and led him outside. On the way, Laxus had passed by with a smirk.
"What are we doing, then?" Lucy asked Natsu.
"The best way is to move, come on!" Natsu had begun to run through the field to the woods. Lucy had followed. They had run through the hole in the fence and into the woods. All the leaves breaking and moving after every step they took. They circled trees and played games like the leader of the pack. She had to attack him so she could be the alpha. She could think clearly for the first time in hours!

o.O.o

"Hey, Gray!" Laxus said from his table when Gray had brushed passed.
"Do you know where Lucy is?" Gray asked him. Lucy had to help him with revision but hadn't arrived at lunch.
"Run off with Natsu somewhere," Laxus smirked at the memory. The two holding hands...
"You're kidding me, Natsu?" Gray asked, ticked off.
"Yeah, him! Wanna hear my plan?" Laxus asked. Gray would be easy to convince in this state.
"Yeah..." Gray put his tray down on the table and sat opposite Laxus.
"Well, I saw granddad with the answer sheet for all the tests. He had put it in the bottom drawer on the right of his desk in his office, do you still have that camera?" Laxus asked.
"Yeah!" Gray laughed.
"Well, you can go take pictures of the photos and send a copy to me. Then, we can get good scores!" Laxus laughed.
"I don't know, let me think about it," Gray began to eat.

o.O.o

Levy had been spending her time reading. Lisanna, Flare and Laki had walked in. Flare walked to Levy and sat down next to her. "Hey, Flare? What are you doing?" Lisanna asked.
"Levy, I was kind of wondering...Is it okay if I revise with you?" Flare asked.
"Um...sure, when?" Levy asked. She had never seen any of these girls revise. They just spent their time in the toilets, doing their make-up and hair. They would have their face in mirrors and looking for attention. This was new.
"After school, meet me in this classroom after school, today," Flare got up and left with the girls.
"This can not be happening!" Laki whispered to Lisanna.

o.O.o

Lucy and Natsu were laying underneath a great oak tree. Leaves keeping them warm and their hands intertwined. They were cloud watching and laughing at the clouds that looked like Laxus or Lisanna. "Better now?" Natsu asked her. She had gotten over the pain pretty fast.
"Yeah...this feels nice..." He closes her eyes and takes a deep breath in and lets it out.
"Yeah..." Natsu did the same thing. The forest smelt exactly like Natsu. Like home. Lucy couldn't exactly explain what that meant or...Gray!
"Oh, my! I was meant to help Gray!" She suddenly remembered. She shot up and let go of Natsu's hand. He rolled his eyes.
"No, no, no. That's not relaxed!" Natsu sat up as well.
"We have to go, reading exam!" Lucy stood up.

o.O.o