Chapter 54

My dorm at Lingard is perfect. It's really small, the view is horrible and the walls are the worst colour in history. But it's perfect. I spend the next few days decorating it and making it feel homey. Lewis helped me paint the walls a dark maroon colour. It makes the room look smaller but it definitely looks cooler. I don't think we are allowed to paint the walls anyways. Whoops.

I cut out letters from magazines to make a funny quote. "The answer is chocolate." Or maybe, "Stay weird" upside down. I can't decide. I'll cut out butterflies from the magazine while I think. So difficult. Chocolate or weirdness. I think the answer is chocolate. Ha-ha.

Lewis visits Tanika a lot. It's going to be cute when she gets out of Carbon House and then they can be together. I bet they'll get married. I better be a bridesmaid.

On Sunday, Harmony, Bridgette, Belinda and Sierra demand that we go out for another girls night. And the answer is chocolate. We are going to a chocolate fanatic desert place. I think it's called The Chocolataria or something. I'm excited. And hungry.

I end up cleaning a plate of chocolate soufflé. It was perfect. The most perfect soufflé in the world. With strawberries and whipped cream and ice-cream and a cup of melted chocolate... I think I should order another one.

"I need a drink," Harmony says.

"Me too," Sierra aggress.

"I don't drink." Bridgette says. "Not much anymore."

"Great. You are the designated driver then," Sierra laughs.

"Ok." I say, happy to go along with whatever everyone else wants to do. 

"Let's go where we went last week. We were only there for, like, an hour." Sierra suggests.

"Yeah. Let's go there," Harmony says. "There were some really cute bartenders."

"Isn't it your one month anniversary with Don tomorrow?" I say.

"Yeah," she giggles. "Sometimes I forget I'm not single."

"Well let's go. I need a mojito," Sierra laughs. 

And that's how we ended up at Toby's bar. I'm not a good dancer. So I sit up at the bar and sip a fruity mojito on my own while my girls dance like psychos. Toby smiles in my direction from the other side of the bar but is busy making a drink. "Hey!" He says. I nod in response.

I spin around on the stool to see where Harmony and Belinda are but see Josh and Dylan instead. They both come over. "Hey!" Dylan says. "How's it hanging?"

"I'm doing alright. What brings you guys here?"

"Sierra called-" 

Josh nudges him. 

"Coincidence actually." Dylan corrects himself.

Then I see Kyle entering from the other side of the bar. I knew it. Sierra is trying to set Kyle and I up. I wish she was more successful. I spin around to get my drink but spill it over my dress. "Dammit!" I'm soaked. "I'm going to go clean this up." I say and gesture to the wet patch on my dress.

"See you around." Josh says and pulls Dylan away.

I head to the bathroom. There's a whole different sort of sitting room between the bathrooms and the club. The circular room has a couch and a mirror and a pretty display. The walls are greyish brown with gold lace on it. It's really fancy. On one side of the room there is a door to the women's and the opposite side has a door to the men's bathroom. I go into the women's and start dabbing my dress with a paper towel. Then I stand under the hand dryer to get the rest off. Most of it dries and looks surprisingly ok considering it was a red drink and my dress is off-white.

I open the door to get out but hear a man talking. Kyle. It's definitely Kyle's voice. I peak through the little circular window and see that he's on the phone. And, being the horrible person I am, I eavesdrop.

"I know what you're trying to do." He says almost angrily. He's not mad per say but he's definitely not calm. "You're trying to get Emma and I together so she dumps her boyfriend. But I don't want that, ok? So stop pushing!" He pauses while Randy, I think, answers, "I don't care about that. She's not the person I'm in love with." He mumbles so quietly I almost misheard him. "I can't talk right now." He hangs up and walks out of the room.

Wow. I wasn't expecting that. But I've just had so much to drink - did I imagine the whole thing? 

***

The two weeks with Bridgette went too quickly. Dylan drives while Bridgette and I sit at the back. The airport is really far from home. It's about an hour drive.

Dylan and I hug Bridgette goodbye. It's not as depressing as last time since we know that we'll see her again in about ten weeks. I don't know how long she will keep these visits up. Probably till she is eighteen when she doesn't have to do it legally for her mum. 

"Bye," she waves and drags her luggage down the escalator to the next area.

Dylan smiles and waves goodbye just as I do. As soon as she's out of sight, Dylan turns and hugs me abruptly. I hug him back because I know he's sad about Bridgette. "I don't know if I can do this." He says with a broken voice.

"Sure you can. You'll see her again soon."

"I miss her already."

"I do too."

We grab a frappe from Starbucks to lighten the mood. Both of us are excited for our first day of uni tomorrow. I get a call from Toby but don't bother answering. He calls again. And Again. "Just answer it." Dylan says irritated. "Your ring tone is the worst."

"Sorry." I laugh and answer just for Dylan's sake. "Hey I'm at the airport, can this wait?"

"No." There's panic is in his voice. The world around me goes quiet. "Kyle's been in an accident."

________________________________________________________________________

:'(

Awe

Hope you liked this one. Vote, comment and keep reading!

Don't forget to check out my new story "The Secrets Of Cedar Creek" - especially if you like love triangles <3

xxx

Aurora