Chapter 4

Miles POV. 

I stare at him as he stares at her. 

Why does he keep staring at her? Can't he tell she's uncomfortable. 

"May I be excused? I feel tired." Emily stands up and she waits for someone to answer her. 

She was never allowed to leave a room without permission. It was drilled into her mind to always ask before she did anything. 

They stare at her as if she's a broken doll and they don't know how to fix her. Give her time. 

"Of course, Emily. Would you like me to come with you?" I ask her and she smiles at me softly but shakes her head. 

"No thank you. I will be resting." She repeats and I nod as she walks out of the room. 

I feel everyone's eyes on me as I notice him leave. The guy that brought us here. Sam

"Miles?" Someone snaps their fingers in front of me and I look at them. It's her mom. Bethany. 

"Yes?"I ask, confused. 

"Can you explain to me what happened in all these years?" Bethany asks. 

"I will be right back,"I quickly say as I walk out of the room to see Emily standing on the stairs and Sam staring at her. 

"Is there something wrong?" I ask as I walk upstairs towards her. 

"I feel like I've seen her before," Sam tilts his head to the side as he watches Emily. 

"I assure you, you have not. You are making her uncomfortable with the staring." I stand in front of her and Sam looks up at me. 

"Sorry man," he backs away and walks back down the stairs. 

"Have you seen him before?" Emily asks me as I turn around to look at her. 

"Never in my life." I answer her with a smile. 

Anything to make her smile back at me. If I would have a bad day, Emily would always smile at me and I would laugh and everything would be perfect for minutes. It was a habit to make her smile now. I could not go a day without smiling at her. 

"Come on. Let's get you upstairs. Your family has questions for me." I say to her as she holds my hand and nods. 

"Am I allowed to tell them?" I ask her as I open the room door. She walks inside and nods her head. 

"I think I need to have another shower," she says to herself as she looks at her hands and pulls on the dress a little. 

"I can ask them to get you some more clothes. Something more comfortable?" I say and she nods smiling at her clothes.

"Yes please." She says pulling the dress over her body, leaving her in her lingerie.

"Could you find me some concealer as well?" She asks as she turns to me and I nod. 

Her body was covered in scars that would stay there forever. Cameron would always tell her to cover her body in concealer but never her face. She was beautiful and she would be beautiful to everyone. 

"Be careful. I'll make sure there's something left for you to wear when you come out of the shower." I tell her and she nods, lost in her own thoughts as she walks to the bathroom again. 

I close the door to the room and let out a deep sigh. I wait for her to turn the shower on, listening to her breathing. 

I was afraid she would try to do something she would regret. I never let her shower alone,I would stand outside the bathroom as she showered, for a couple of years until I realised she was not going to make the same mistake again.