Chapter 18

I feel a hand on my hair as someone gently pushes my hair behind my ear. 

I don't open my eyes as I feel the tears building behind them. I was so tired of all of this. 

"You can cry. I won't say anything," a soft stranger's voice says to me. I feel the sparks on my face from his touch. 

"Who are you?" I whisper. 

"I am Hunter. Sire of the Golden Clan. A friend of your brother." He answers immediately as I hear the smile in his voice. "Your mate." 

I open my eyes and look up at him. His black hair falls over his eyes a little as my head rests in his lap. His green eyes shine a little as he smiles at me. 

"I know you're Alpha King's mate." He says softly. We were outside as if only a few minutes had passed by. "We don't have to talk about it yet," he smiles at me. "I just want you to get better. We're waiting for your family." He tells me. 

I close my eyes as his kind words float in my mind. 

"I don't deserve any of this." I mumble softly. I don't deserve another mate. 

"You deserve the world at your feet, my darling." He chuckles above me. "You deserve the world to bow down to you like any Queen does." 

"How did you find me?" How did you know? 

"I was resting in bed when I felt the wind shifting close by. It felt like someone was screaming at me to get up, to come here. I came here and the only word I could hear in my mind was Queen when I saw you." 

See! I told you I could bring him here. 

I hear Luisa's voice around me. 

"I want to go back to when I was six years old. I don't want to jump out the window. I want to sleep and pretend it never happened." I say to him. 

Something about Hunter made me feel at peace, as if I could tell him anything and he would not judge me. 

"I think," he moves his hand on my face slowly, the sparks following every movement. "Everything happens for a reason in life. Maybe your reason was to find out you're a Queen and to make you stronger. If you never went through whatever you have gone through, would you still be the same person? Would you know pain? Would you have known you are a Queen?" He questions. 

"I'm scared to tell people how I feel because I think I'm too broken from the inside to trust anyone." I whisper to him, my eyes shut. 

"That is understandable." I could feel the smile in his words, "Trust is hard to gain once it's been broken." 

I hear people running. I open my eyes and sit up slowly as I see my dad and Alec running towards me. 

"Emily," Dad curses as he looks at me. Hunter helps me stand up and I smile at him. 

He is so sweet. 

Luisa says around me as I wrap my arms around Dad. 

"I brought Miles." He whispers to me softly and I close my eyes tightly. 

I knew if I looked at Miles, I would break down. We had been through so much and he was getting better whereas I was stuck. Stuck in the same place over and over again. 

"Are you okay?" Dad pulls away from me as his eyes scan me up and down. 

"Yes." I answer him quietly. My body was healing, the bruises fading slowly. 

"Hunter," dad looks at him confused behind me. "Thank you for saving her." He says to him. 

"She's my mate. I would save her from anything." He chuckles behind me as I hear Alec growling.