Chapter 10

"Open the door, Cameron!" I scream as I pull on the handle. 

I couldn't feel my magic inside of me. He had thrown me here and spat on me saying I disgusted him and deserved to be treated like an animal for smiling at Mike. 

Mike had brought me a book for my birthday. He had been drunk and drunk Mike was an emotional one. He always apologised to me but this was the first time he had brought me a book. I was 18 and he apologised for everything he did. 

Cameron hated it when I smiled at drunk Mike and thanked him. 

"Enjoy their time." He chuckles behind the door as I hear him walk away. 

"Miles!" I scream, banging on the door, trying to use my strength to rip the door apart. 

I hear the handle rattle and the door opens. Light fills the dark room and then it disappears as I hear someone breathing in the room. 

"I am going to enjoy you, bitch." I hear a Male's voice before I feel a hand fist my hair tightly, pulling me up. 

My magic rages inside of me, as I bang on the door.

"Open the door!" I scream, clawing at my mind, to get rid of the memories. I could hear myself screaming as my magic roared inside of me, begging to be let out. 

"I can't breathe!" I pant as my throat tightens up. I squeeze my hand against my throat as the darkness laughs at me.

 They all laughed at me as I laid there paralysed unable to do anything as someone new would climb on top of me, using me to their own benefit. 

I can feel my magic sparking inside of me, the skies outside darkening, my vision darkening. This was it. My magic was going to burst out of me. 

"I need to get out. I can't breathe," I try to scream in the screaming world. I could not hear anything other than myself crying and screaming to be let out. 

"Emily, come here." Cameron says and I smile running towards him. 

"Did you get me chocolate?" I ask excitedly. 

"No I brought you something special and new," he shows me a box of blue powder. "This makes people really strong and I wanted you to have it so you could fight all the bad guys." He hands me the box. 

"Do I have to eat it all?" I wanted to be strong. 

"If you would like too but I think you should only be eating a little every day, okay? This is called blugasm and I'm going to bring you so much of this." He smiled at me. 

"Thank you, Cameron!" I smile at him excitedly. 

Blugasm. I needed it to make my magic calmer. I didn't know how to control it. I was always on Blugasm, every day unless he needed me not to be. 

I needed Miles. 

I can feel the air thickening around me, the wind blowing through my hair as I feel the window shatter open. Miles

I lift my hand in front of my dark vision. I couldn't see anything. No no. I was not in the room again. 

I trace the letter E on my hand, hoping he was here with me. I can feel the tears and screams intensifying around me. My mind was going to explode. 

I cover my ears with my hands. "Stop!" I scream as the sounds of grunts, curses and screams fill my mind. 

Silence. 

In seconds, the world shuts up around me. I look up with tearful eyes and I see Alec kneeling down on the ground next to me, his hands on my face. "It's okay, I'm right here," he whispers to me. 

I kneel up, wrapping my hands around his neck, crying. "I'm so sorry, Cameron." I feel his hands rubbing my back softly as he says shush, it's alright. 

"I won't do it again. I promise," I promise him as I close my eyes tightly. I could feel his emotions as they danced around with the spark from our touch. Alec. He was Alec. Guilt. 

"It's okay," he holds onto me, the raging magic inside of me calming down a little as the sparks grow. 

I pull away from him and he rests a hand on my cheek, "you can go outside, but please don't leave me. I can't reject you, I will die," he whispers to me softly. 

"I won't leave." I say to him and he nods his head as he moves back a little. 

Emily? Miles mindlink me and I sit on the ground. 

We promised we would never block each other out. I say to him. 

I'm sorry. I had a lot going on here. I needed to be away from everyone. Is everything okay? He asks, confused. 

I want to disappear, Miles. I can't do this anymore. I tell him truthfully as I cover my face with my hands, hoping everyone would stop looking at me. 

Then disappear. You are powerful, Emily. the most powerful vampire I have met. You have no reason to be afraid of anyone anymore. If you want to disappear, then disappear. Create a shield around yourself and just walk away from. Trust me, this past week has been tough. I feel like I don't deserve any of this and sometimes I feel like I'm trying too hard. I took today off and just relaxed my mind. I feel better. If you need to disappear, then just do it. Don't wait for anyone. He explains to me. 

Are you okay? I question. 

I really miss you. He answers. It doesn't feel right without you here. It feels like I'm missing a big part of myself. 

Will you visit me? I ask him softly. 

Always. You and I, we are one. I hear the smile in his voice. 

I'm going to disappear. I say to him and he chuckles. 

Go ahead, Em. Disappear. He answers me. 

I create a shield around myself and I lift myself up as everyone curses loudly. Alec looks around as I walk past Liam slowly. 

I walk out of the room, ignoring their concern voices above me. I walk to the kitchen and push open the door.  The back door was always open, Stella had told me because she could not be bothered to lock it every time especially when she had dirty fingers and had to clean them every time for the scanner to recognize her print. 

I walk out the front door and as I breathe out,I let my magic go. The world cries with me, as the birds fly up into the sky. It starts raining and I hear everyone cursing but I ignore it as I push my magic around in the shield. I would not hurt them. When I feel the magic inside of me calm down a little, I walk back inside and towards the fridge, the shield disappearing around me. 

I open the fridge and see a chocolate cake inside. I pull it out and place it on the counter as I sit down and pick up a spoon. 

I quietly start eating the cake. It's delicious. 

The door opens and I look up to see Stella standing there with wide eyes. I stare back at the cake, just as I feel them all walk into the kitchen in seconds. 

"Is it alright if I eat this? I hope you don't mind." I say to Stella assuming she made it. 

"It's okay." Alec answers instead and walks back out of the kitchen with Cameron and Liam following him. 

Nat grins and claps her hands. 

"I am in love with you!" She walks towards me and sits down. "Alec has no idea what is coming for him!" She gushes. 

"I don't want him." I reply back to her quietly. 

What I needed was a day to rest and to go out and enjoy the world for once. 

"Everyone wants their mate and I'm going to do the right thing by you both and make you realise it." Natalie says. 

I hum but do not bother to correct her that it was close to impossible for us to be true soulmates. 

●●●●●

I am in love with Miles all over again.