Chapter Three

Check External link and there will also be a link in the comments. A LONG link in the comments.

_____________________________________________________

 I woke up with a frown on my face. It was like when you wake up on Christmas morning; you’re excited but you can’t quite remember why. This was the obvious. I felt terribly, apprehension weighing me down, but I didn’t know why.

Then it all clicked. Fight, family, graduating, Sakura. I look over at Sakura, who had stolen all the blankets and pillows. I was curled up in the corner, so different from how she was sprawled out across her entire floor. 

I sit up and walk to the bathroom, brushing my hair out and winding it into the usual perf http:// ect bun. I hear shuffling, and know that Sakura has woken up.  I had borrowed a T-shirt and shorts to sleep in, so I quickly change into my clothes from yesterday. They were slightly crumpled, and I shook them out briskly.

I walk back out of the bathroom, seeing Sakura already ready, waiting for me. We walk downstairs, and I grab some bread for toast and jam, while Sakura makes us lunch. I hand her two pieces of toast in exchange for my lunch.

After eating quickly, we walk outside, giggling at a joke Sakura had made.

We run into Ino almost immediately. The smiles slide off our faces, and Sakura and Ino glare at each other. “Hello Sakura,” Ino greets, in a  deceptively civil manner.

“Ino,” Sakura returns with a curt nod.

“Fuzen,”

“Good morning Ino, how are you today?” I ask. Ino had powerful family members.

“Very good, thank you,” She said icily. I was an enemy to her, because I liked Sasuke as well. 

I look at Ino, making sure not to stare. She was both popular and beautiful. I wish I could be more like her, and Sakura. Independent, strong, and beautiful. They're so... sure of themselves.

Sakura walks a little ahead of Ino,and I speed up to stay next to her. Soon we are in an all out race to the academy. I laugh in glee, having lots of fun. I grab Sakura's hand, racing ahead. Ino latches on to Sakura so she could keep up with us.

I drag everyone down the street, getting closer and closer to the academy. Sakura and Ino regain their feet, pushing and shoving to get ahead of the other. We enter the classroom, and they each throw out their hands, shouting, "I win!"

"Urgh," I mumble from the ground. Each of their fists had clocked me on the side of the head. "I think won," I groan, standing and dusting myself off. 

Sakura looks at me with sad eyes. "But I really want to sit next to Sasuke," She whispers. I stare at her puppy dog eyes, then cave.

"Fine," I groan, running a hand through some loose strands of hair. I walk down and sit on the opposite bench, so I was in the same row as Sakura and Sasuke, but I was on the other side of the classroom.

Iruka come in, congratulating us on making it this far, how he'd miss us, that we would be put onto teams today, blah blah blah. I was honestly drowning him out, so nervous about who would be on my team. I mean, I'll be stuck with them until I'm a chunin! 

I sit up straight as I realize that several teams had already been called out. "And, on team seven, we have Naruto Uzumaki," I don't want to be on that team now. "Sakura Haruno," Okay, now I kind of want to. But my parents wouldn't be very happy. 

"And Sasuke Uchiha," ADD MY NAME, ADD MY NAME! I beg in my head. I wanted to be on Team Seven With Sakura and Sasuke! "Oh, and..."

ME! ME! ME!