Chapter Twenty

Daisuke whoops, then springs over the railing and lands in the arena. The other boy walks slowly down the stairs, face hidden by his hood.

The two couldn't have been more opposite. Daisuke, with his screaming red hair and bright colors was just LOUD, while the boy, with his muted colors and shadows seemed to fade into the background.

"I'm going to beat you and advance to the next round!" Daisuke declares, obnoxiously pointing a finger at the other genin's face. Hidoi Kusa doesn't even flinch in response; he jut sighed slightly.

"Let the fight between Daisuke Igarashi and Hidoi Kisa... Begin!"

Daisuke doesn't hesitate, rushing in to deliver his blow. His fist sails forward, and Kusa doesn't even move.

And then he suddenly flickers to the side, easily dodging the blow.

I stare in confusion as Daisuke stumbles. How had that boy moved so quickly? Daisuke had him; there was no way he could move so fast.

Daisuke sizes him up again before running at him again. Kicks and punches are thrown from Daisuke, but none manage to land. He finally steps back, panting hard. Kusa isn't even ruffled.

"Dammit!" Daisuke roars, sprinting towards him. Throwing caution to the wind, he runs at Kusa with his fist pulled back. Frustration and humiliation is clear on his face. He just wanted to land one blow on this genin who had so easily dodged his every move.

In that instant he totally let his guard down, and in that instant Kusa made his move.

"Agh!"

Daisuke fell back, clutching his nose. Kusa was back to standing as though he didn't have a care in the world, as though he didn't just break someone's nose.

Daisuke slowly stands, making several handsigns quickly. Spikes of earth run towards Kusa, who simply stepped slightly to the side.

I cringe every time he misses his target. "C'mon, Daisuke," I murmur, lacing my fingers together beneath my mouth and leaning over the railing, "C'mon..."

I glance towards Sensei, who was watching on in amusement. "Dance, little genin, dance!" He chuckles slightly. My eyes widen as I stare at Sensei.

"Aren't you concerned about Daisuke?" I ask, flabbergasted.

"Hm? No, not really. Just watch, little slowpoke."

I slowly turn back to the fight, wondering what Sensei saw that I didn't. Then I gasp. Kusa was caged.

Somehow, during all his wild attacks, Daisuke had cornered Kusa and created a cage of earth around him. He runs forward, fist at the ready. I catch the faintest of smirks on Kusa's face as he goes to step to the side, only to realize he wasn't able to. And by that time it was too late. Daisuke decks him across the ace and he goes flying back into the wall.

There's a moment of silence, then Daisuke cheers for himself. We soon join him, calling out his name as he's declared the victor.

He climbs back up the stairs, a grin in his face as he runs towards us. "Did you see that? I was like--then he was like--the shpooooph!"

Daisuke gesticulates wildly, adding in his own special effects noises when necessary. I can't help laugh at his display, until Shun tugs my shirt slightly.

"Yeah?" I turn to him, only to blanch, "Oh."

Daisuke pauses in his celebrations as he sees my name on the board. And next to it...

...Shri's.

I climb down the steps slowly, but when I reach the bottom Shri hasn't come down as well.

"If Shri does not come down to fight, he forfeits the match!"

"Hmm? I actually have to fight her?" His voice is mocking, singsong as he strolls down the steps. "Fine," he sighs, "I guess I have no choice."

Shri locks eyes with me as a loose smirk settles on his lips. "Begin!" The proctor exclaimed before springing away.

I study Shri, waiting for him to make the first move. And make it he does.

He yawns.

"They could have at least given me a challenge," he complained, swishing his hair back. I grit my teeth, but refuse to be baited into making the first move. He stares into my eyes, contempt clear in them, causing humiliation to sweep through my body.

"Might as well get this over quickly," he sighs. I tense, preparing for an attack, but none comes.

Instead, he snaps his fingers and points to the ground, like an owner telling his dog to sit. Humiliating anger courses through my veins at his contemptuous behavior.

"Submit," he orders, and that infuriating smirk returns. "Bow to me, bitch."

I hear my teammates shouts of indignation, but they are soon silenced when I drop to my knees. The thud my knees make as they hit the ground is the loudest thing in the arena.

My arms shake and knees lock as I struggle to stay upright, but soon my body gives out and I prostrate myself before Shri.

A dark chuckle escapes his lips as he casually strolls up to me, hungrily scanning my vulnerable form. "This is where you belong," he tells me softly, "Crawling on your belly before me. Your natural position is submission, Fuzen."

He lifts my chin with the toe of his boot, pleasure clear in his gaze as he views my eyes as they fill with tears.

He brings back his foot and kicks me across the face, snapping my head to the side as pain blossoms across my face.

I hear my teammates wordless cries, listen helplessly as they beg me to get up and fight. My body shudders as Shri strokes my head in a demeaning manner before taking a step back and grinding his foot into my hand.

"Due to her inability to continue..."

"C'mon Fuzen!" Shun shouts.

"Get up, you stupid little slowpoke," Sensei muttered softly, just loud enough for me to hear.

"Hey, Fuzen!" I glance up as much as I'm able when I hear Daisuke's voice. "Hey, if you beat this incompetent asshole, I'll take you out on a daaaate!" He dragged the word "date" out, shouting it in a song song voice.

My body shakes, head down. My teammates, they cared about me, they believed in me, even when I didn't believe in myself. They cared more than anyone else ever had.

How could I let them down?

Shri snorts slightly when he sees my wracking body. "Crying won't solve anything, Fuzen," he says softly.

"Fuzen Kanpeki forf--"

Just before he declares the match, I look up with a full blown smirk and shoot up, slamming his head back with a powerful uppercut.

I immediately retreat from Shri, studying him closely. "Just so you know, Daisuke, I don't want that date!" I shout at him, "I just realized that I couldn't lose if even you managed to win your fight!"

"Excuses, excuses," he laughs back.

I scowl, but begin casting signs for a genjutsu. "I'm going to end this in one--"

It all goes black.

___________________________

Heeeeyyyyy!

Sorry for the cliffhanger XDDD

Hope you enjoy the Christmas update! How'd hou like Daisuke's fight? Fuzen's? I hate writing fight scenes so I get a little stuck :/

Sorry it took so long for an update :(

Hope you enjoyed!

Comment! Vote!

Bye!

gaara119