Chapter Twelve

I yawned as I went out to meet my team. We had one day as a break after our missions, but I was still tired. I reached the meeting point and sat down on a bench underneath the a sakura tree. I winced slightly and caressed my cheek as my yawn stretched it.

Yesterday I explained the missions to my family. I omitted much of the flirting, but I did tell them that the young prince did seem interested, but then I found out he had a girlfriend. My mother had hit me across my face, scolding me for letting an opportunity like that pass me by.

So now my cheek was slightly swollen, and I was still sporting a red mark. If you looked closely, you could make out each individual finger. I was worried that someone would realize that mother had hit me. I had applied some make up over the mark, but if I worked too hard it would just sweat off.

In the midst of my worrying, I hadn't realized that Shun had already walked up and sat down next to me. "What's wrong with your cheek?" He asked.

"Uh, nothing!" I said quickly. "Why do you think something is wrong with it?"

"You keep poking at it and wincing," He told me, raising his eyebrows slightly in his incredulity.

"Oh..." I mutter.

"So what happened?"

"I... I was sparring with my sister and she hit me a little harder then she meant to," I improvised quickly. He nodded his understanding.

"I can heal it if you want," He offered.

"Really? Can you?" I ask, intrigued.

"Mmhm," he nodded.

"Yeah.. yeah, will you?" I request.

"Mmkay." He places one hand on my cheek, a look of concentration taking over his features. I watched in amazement as the chakra pours from his hand, surrounding my cheek. He finished, keeping his hand on my cheek. "There you go!" he smiled.

Daisuke walks up and Shun pulls his hand away. I give Shun a quick hug. "Thank you!" I thank.

Daisuke looks back and forth between the two of us. "Are you two dating?" He asked teasingly, but there was a slight glint of anger is his eyes.

"No, no!" Shun quickly denies while I shake my head.

"What was that then?" He wiggles his eyebrows. Shun and I scooch further apart.

"Shun and I are close friends, nothing else," I insist.

"What's going on?" Sensei appears. I roll my eyes. Finally, someone sensible was here.

"Fuzen and Shun are dating!" Daisuke tells him.

"We're not!" Shun insists, seeming to get angry. I sadden slightly. Would it be that bad to date me?

"Oh..." Sensei looks between the three of us. Daisuke was grinning even though he looked slightly irked, Shun was frustrated, eyebrows furrowed into a slight glare, and I was sitting their, incredulous and blushing slightly, mouth open. "Well, congratulations!" He smirked mischievously.

"We're not dating!" I insisted again.

"He carresed your cheek, gazed into your eyes, and then you hugged him. I'm pretty sure you guys are dating," Daisuke says. Again, his eyes seemed slightly angry and betrayed, though he hid it well.

"WE. Are NOT. Dating!" Shun hissed, annoyed.

"Sure sounds like you're dating. How do we know you're not?" Sensei asks.

"Prove it! You can't I bet, 'cause you are dating!" Daisuke says at the same time.

"You treat her well, or I'll have your head!" Sensei smiles as he talks over Daisuke.