Prologue

I pressed my foot down harder on the gas pedal, relishing the feeling of the engine revving and the car racing forward.

Wind swept through my hair from the open window, pulling pieces from the loose bun that I had haphazardly thrown together at the last minute. My cheeks were flushed pink from the cold and streaked with mascara from yesterday's tears that I hadn't bothered to wipe away. I was wearing an old white t-shirt that had turned grayish over time and had holes in the sleves, tucked into my Dad's loose black sweatpants. I looked like a mess.

But I didn't care.

I had been driving since the moment I woke up, no destination just driving, I just couldn't stay at home. Home. I didn't even recognize the word anymore. Without her, it wasn't a home, it was just a cold house that was way too big for two people. I had to get away.

Everything is different now. I'm different. I don't know who I am without her and I feel my old self slipping away more and more each day. I try to relate to the girl I used to be but she seems like a stranger. A person that I would pass by on the street and not recognize.

It's been a month since the crash, three weeks since the funeral and a week since my dad looked me in the eye. I don't think he recognizes me either. We don't really talk much, just a handful of obligatory I love you's and some mumbled conversations over Chinese take out. I know that he's trying. That he's trying to be there for me, to fill the gap that she left but I don't think we will ever get back to the way we were.

My eyes caught sight of a familiar signpost and I slammed on my breaks bringing my car to a screeching stop. My eyes focused on the rows upon rows of stone and my hands began to shake. I hadn't been back since the funeral, I hadn't even stayed to watch them put her in the stone tomb. I didn't get why she didn't just go in the ground like everyone else did but dad said that it was something about family.

I hated cemeteries, absolutely hated them but something propelled me out of my car and towards it anyway, weaving through the stone headstones toward the stone tomb that held her. Coming closer I could hear the quietest buzz of voices proving that I wasn't alone. The thought of other people around gave me the strength to not have a mental break down in front of them, even though I felt like sobbing.

I opened the iron fence and stepped onto the path that led into the tomb. The voices became louder and I rubbed my temple, as pain stabbed through my head. Damn headaches. I slowly padded through the stone arch and into the tomb and there she was. Centre of the wall.

ELEANOR FINCH

My hands began to shake but my legs kept moving me forward. My breaths were coming fast and heavy now but still my hand reached out to touch her name. Just as my fingers met the stone, sharp pain tore through my head and I cried out leaning against the wall for support. Then I heard it, clear as day above the pain and the voices coming from outside, my mother, screaming out,

"Lucinda!"

I howled in agony as the pain grew worse, It was her voice, I knew it, but how? The pain became overwhelming so I ripped away from the stone wall ready to call out for someone to help me but I stopped dead when I come out of the tomb.

There was no one in the grave yard.

The voices were getting louder now and I twisted around in circles unable to find the source. And the pain, oh god the pain. I clawed at my hair and threw my head back,

and screamed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DISCLAIMER

I do not own any of the characters or plotlines original to teen wolf

COPYRIGHT

Basically don't steal my shit and we're good 👌

AUTHORS NOTE

Thanks for reading this far!
I have a lot of exciting plans for this book so get excited with me!
Don't be a Silent reader! Vote andComment your feedback/opinions/theories/anything
I cast Lucy Hale as Lucinda Finch and included a stunning pic of her 🔝

*loves*

-J xx