Chapter Eleven

My eyes turned to Stiles who fell like a ragdoll onto the floor. I rushed to his side, as did the others, panic gripping my heart. This could not be the end this is not the end. I grabbed his wrist and felt his pulse. It was fast but strong. I looked at Scott and then back at Stiles. His eyes fluttered open and I was still gripping his hand.

"Oh god, I fainted didn't I." Stiles mumbled and I let out a relieved laugh.

"We're alive. We're all alive." Stiles croaked and I looked at Scott. Not all of us.

"Yeah, we're okay." He said with a smile but I knew what was hiding beneath it.

Lydia then stood up with a look of confusion on her face. She then took of at a sprint. I helped Stiles up and we followed her. She tore out of the doors and came to an abrupt stop looking out to the tunnel. When we reached her she turned and flew into Stiles arms. I looked over at the tunnel and could see a body lying on the ground with Derek, ethan and Chris curled around it.

Aiden.

I put my arms around Lydia and she moved so that she was gripping me tightly. She was sobbing and her whole body radiated grief. She had lost her best friend and her person in one day. I could feel that she loved him, I could feel it.

So I held her close and didn't let go. Not even when Scott, Kira and Isaac reached us.

We had saved Stiles but we had lost Alison and Aiden.

~~~

It was the next day. I had crawled into bed at about 4am and cried myself to sleep. I had only known them for a couple of days but that was enough. I woke up to my Dad shaking me awake.

"First day of school Lucey," My Dad said softly. I kept my eyes closed and I grunted.

"And there is someone here to see you." He added and I finally let them open.

Stiles was standing in the doorway, a small lopsided smile on his face. I swore in my head. I looked like a mess. I had mascara down my face, my hair was everywhere and I was wearing a t-shirt with a stain on the hem. My Dad quietly left the room and I sat up. Stiles remained in the doorway.

"Hi." He said.

"Hi." I replied.

"How are you?" He said and I let out a small laugh.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" I asked and he walked into the room to sit on the edge of my bed.

"I asked you first." He said childishly.

"I'm okay," I said cryptically.

"You're also a liar," Stiles laughed.

"How are you really?" He asked.

" Scared, confused, tired, pissed off and sad, mostly sad." I told him.

"I know." He said softly reaching for my hand and linking our fingers together.

"I'll be okay." I said looking down.

"I know." He said and I raised my eyes back up to his.

"Starting with telling your Dad you're a witch." He prompted.

"Today?" I asked.

"Right now." He answered and my heart jumped.

"Okay." I sighed.

I pulled back the covers and got out of bed and it was only when I saw Stiles face that I realized what I was wearing. I had my bra and underwear on and a long blue t-shirt that came down to my mid-thighs but as I had slept it had ridden up dangerously high. Stiles lips parted and his cheeks were flushed as he focussed solely on my feet. I hurridly pulled the hem down.