Chapter Fifteen

When we arrived at the Veterinary Clinic to find Lydia bandaging a nasty cut on Deaton's forearm and no sign of baby Derek. Scott's face was creased with worry but I was secretly glad at any excuse to get out of school.

"I don't think he's just younger in body. He's younger in his mind too." Deaton stated which snapped me out of my daze.

"He didn't recognize either of us. And he looked like he was scared out of his mind." Lydia added finishing up the bandage on Deaton's arm.

"So if you're a teenage werewolf and you're scared wher do you go?" I asked generally but everyone looked at Scott expectantly.

"A wolf goes back to it's den but Derek lives in a loft." Scott answered.

"Not when he was a teenager." Stiles pointed out.

"The Hale house." Lydia spoke up.

"He wouldn't remember the fire. It wouldn't have happened yet." Deaton elaborated and Scott's eyes widened in alarm.

"We have to go after him, now!" Scott exclaimed.

Stiles and I exchanged a look and turned to follow Scott out the door when Lydias voice stopped us.

"Hold on, So you do manage to catch up to him, what are you going to say? That his whole family is dead?" She asked.

"I guess I'm going to have to." Scott said sombrely.

"Oh, good luck with that." Lydia said sarcastically.

"She's probably right, maybe you shouldn't. At least not until we figure out how to change him back." Stiles suggested.

"I can't lie to him." Scott protested.

"Okay, I'll do it." Stiles offered.

"I don't think any of us can. Remember he can hear our heartbeat rising." Scott reminded us.

"When we find him, we tell him the truth." I stated and everyone nodded in agreement but Deaton spoke up,

"If he gets to the house first, you won't have to."

~~~

We burst through the doors of the sherrifs station to a very confused looking sherif and a very young looking Derek. Sherrif stillinski's eyes met ours and he sighed exasperatedly and adressed a cute-looking deputy,

"I'll handle this."

He waved us to follow him into his office. He sat down on the edge of his desl and looked at us with steely blue eys.

"I want you to be honest with me. Absolutely and completely honest." He started.

We all nodded in unison.

"Have you been time-travelling?" He asked quickly. I let out an extremely un-lady like snort.

"Hang on, what?" Stiles started confusedly.

"Because if time-travelling is real, I'm done, I'm out. You're going to be driving me to Eichan House!" Sherrif exclaimed.

"We found him like that." Scott tried to explain.

"Where? Swimming in the fountain of youth?" Sherrif screeched.

"No, burried in a tomb of wolfsbane in a temple in Mexico underneath a church in the middle of a town that was destroyed by an earthquake." Stiles blurted out.

Scott closed his eyes and let out a puff of air and I put my head in my hands. Stiles had the absolute worst case of foot-int-mouth-disease.

"You told me you were camping!" Sherrif was borderline hysteriical now.