Chapter Twenty-Six

We sat there, in silence for I don't know how long, everyone's condition got worse but nothing happened to me. Nothing at all.

Suddenly a thought struck me.

My grimoire.

"What if I can save you." I blurted out into the silent vault.

Everyone's eyes latched onto me.

"All of you." I finished.

"How?" Scott breathed.

"There might be something in my grimoire. It's in my locker. If I can just get to it." I started to get excited.

"No." Stiles deadpanned.

"Whatever's happening, it's worse for you guys. That means it's not just people getting sick, it's anothe assassin. Snd sending you out there, alone. No." He said chargedly.

"I can do this. I know I can. I'll get it and I'll come straight back." I argued.

"No!" Stiles cried.

I looked at Scott who wasn't looking at either of us, I followed his eyeline and saw that his eyes were on Kira.

She was curled up in a little ball, with her flushed cheek pressed ginat the cold stone floor. His eyes held an emotion I'd never seen on him before.

"Go." He whispered.

"What?" Stiles yelled.

I lept to my feet and wobbled slightly but I shook it off. I can do this.

I launched myself over to the door but before I could open it, something stopped me.

Someone stopped me.

I turned and fell into those warm brown eyes.

"I'm coming with you." He said determinedly but he was trembling.

"Stiles, you're sick. You need to rest." I said gently.

"So are you!" He cried and ran his fingers over the underside of my wrist. Usually the sensation would be tantilizing but instead there was sharp pain.

A rash covered my wrist, identical to Sydeneys.

"I can do this." I insisted, my eyes searching his face.

"I know you can, I'm just saying you don't have to do this alone." He said softly.

"Yeah, I do." I said sadly and with that I turned and psuhed through the heavy door of the vault and out into the basement.

"Don't follow me."

The door closed behind me but not without me catching a glimpse of sad brown eyes.

I shook it off and marched on determinedly, ignoring the ache that pulsed low in the back of my head.

I reached one of the corridors that stemmed from the quarantine hallway and I could hear the stressed murmur coming through the door.

My locker was just outside of the quarantine room so I had to be extremely careful because if they saw me, they would haul me back into the quarantines.

I walked quickly, crouched low under the closed door's window feeling like James Bond. I grinned when I made it to my locker, unseen.

I wrenched the door open and grabbed the grimoire that was neatly tucked in behind my pre-calc book. Just as I was closing the door to my locker, the door to the quarantine clicked open.

Without thinking I turned and sprinted towards a different corridor only just making it around the croner before people in hazmat suits emerged. I tried to wait them out, hoping they would go back in so that I could go bcak down to the basement but they wre holding some kind of team meeting. Swell.