Chapter Seventeen

We burst through the doors of the hospital, Scott leading the way, Stiles and I supporting the new kid who's name I found out to be Liam. Kira and Malia had stayed behind but I drove Stiles' car while the boys had looked after Liam.

We lent against the ER counter and Scott explained our situation to the nurse before a certain annoyed but not suprised nurse came around the corner.

"Hey mom." Scott sighed.

While Scott dealt with his Mom, telling her the details, a wheelchair was fetched and Liam was put into it.

"Don't wory Liam, we'e going to take good care of you." Mrs McCall assured him as she wheeled him to radiology.

"We should go," Stiles whispered to me while Scott was lost in thought.

"I know, but look at him." I whispered back. Scott's face was sad, like a kicked puppies. No doubt beating himself up for what happened.

"Guys, I can still hear you." He announced, turning to look at us with a small smile.

"Werewolf hearing." He reminded us and I looked at the ground sheepishly.

"I want to stay here and check on him but you guys should go, Don't you have a study date or something?" He said, his smile growing with a knowing look in his eyes.

"Yeah" Stiles replied, playing with the edge of his shirt while I mumbled "math."

"So go." Scott prompted kindly.

We turned to walk away but Stiles stopped in his tracks.

"Hey, I don't need to say this was you fault, right?"Stiles asked, concern laced in with his words.

"I don't know." Scott sighed.

"Scott if you had used any wolfpower that kid wouldn't be limping he would be crawling, back to the other hallf of his body." Stiles stated.

"If hadn't been so worried about being captain he wouldn't be hurt either." Scott beat himself up.

"Hey, it's okay to want something for yourself every once in a while." I spoke up and Stiles looked at me with a look I couldn't place.

"Team Captain, Alpha Werewolf. You're still only human." I reminded him and he smiled sadly at me.

I pulled at the edge of Stiles' sleave. It was time for us to go. Scott needed his moment to apologize to Liam and I needed to catch up on the work that I had missed when I was in Eichan because everything was like a whole other language to me now.

We slid into his old jeep and I let out a deep breath. Stiles looked at me with a small smile.

"On a scale of 1 to 10 how much are you freaking out." He said and without even looking at him I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Shut up." I mumbled.

"Give me a number Luce!" Stiles pressed.

I looked at him square in the eyes.

"You don't want to know."

~~~

"Whoever decided to put the alphabet into math needs his or her's ass to be torched."

"Can you do that?"

"I don't know, wanna find out?"

We were in Stile's room, lounging on his bed while I tried to figure out how the hell I was going to pass Math after missing a whole semester whie I was in Eichan.

Stiles held up his hands in surrender and I sighed dramatically, putting my head in my hands.

"Hey it's not that hard." Stiles tried to persuade me.