Chapter Eight

The window was dark above Scott's bed but the mood in the room was even darker. Stiles was laying on the bed and Melissa was examining him. We couldn't know for sure that this wasn't another one of the nogitsune's cruel tricks so no one was allowed to get their hopes up. I wanted for it to be him, so badlt but my guard was officially up.

"Well, medically you seem okay." Melissa announced, shattering the silence.

"You're definately a real person." She finished and my heart lept a little.

"Okay, so I'm real but am I really me?" Stiles asked huskily. Scott then walked into the room with a solemn look on his face. Stiles sat up and I rose from my perch on the end of his bed.

"Is she here?" I asked and Scott nodded.

"Yeah." He said.

"Okay, let's do this." Stiles said determinedly.

"Guys, we have to do this." Stiles said, noticing our hesitant expressions.

Scott went Stiles side and Melissa on the other. They helped him up and supported him as we walked downstairs. As we rounded the corner, there she was. Noshiko was standing in the lounge, her expression was one that I couldn't read.

"Do you recognize me?" She asked. Stiles walked forward and in the moment Kira ran into the room.

"Stop!" She cried.

"It's okay, I'm the one who asked her to come." Stiles reassured her but Kira was having none of that.

"You're the one who is going to get stabbed with swords!" She then turned to Noshiko.

"Mum, don't do this to him." She pleaded but Noshiko stayed strong.

"It's already done." She replied.

My heart raced in my chest and I must have looked panicked because Melissa wrapped her arm around me, offering me a reassuring smile. Without any sound, the oni appeared, dark and ominous. They lunged forward and one of them grabbed the back of his neck. Stiles gasped and his breathing became ragged. Oh god, they were going to kill him, they were going to kill him.

Instead they dropped him. He fell to the floor with a thump and my heart did a flip. Did this mean what I think it means?

"Check behind his ear!" Noshiko said urgently.

We ran to him and I got there first. I turned his head gently and there, resting behind his ear was the same backwards 5 that was on the wall at Eichan.

"It worked." I breathed.

"Am I actually me?" Stiles asked, slowly getting up off the floor.

"More you, than the nogitsune." Noshiko confirmmed.

"Can the oni find him?" Stiles asked.

"Tomorrow night, it's too close to dawn now." Noshiko replied and Stiles scrunched his nose in frustration.

"Can they kill him?" He asked.

"It depends on how strong he is." Noshiko said.

"What about Lydia? Why would he take her?" Scott asked urgently.

"He would only take her for an advantage." Noshiko answered.

"You mean her power?" Scott asked.

"The power of a banshee."

~~~

We pulled up infront of the Beacon Hills Sheriffs station, where Stiles Dad worked. I hoped out of the car and moved swiftly around to the other side so that I could help Stiles out of the car. I could feel his intense gaze on my face as I helped him out but I couldn't bring my eyes of the floor.