Chapter Five

Ok guys.  Depending on how long this bag of pretzels lasts...  I should be good for the night.  It is nine o'clock and I am ready to write.  If I run out of pretzels, then I have some sour candy hidden somewhere in my room.

And just an FYI, if you must know...  I don't really sleep.  So don't feel bad that I'm posting things at like two in the morning.  It will come to that point soon trust me.  I just have a lot of built up energy in me since I don't really do anything at school.  Except gym.  Even then I complain 24/7.

So I hope you guys like the chapter!

-CarryOnWaywardPie

Your POV

*Flashback*

"What are you drawing (Y/n)?"  Your friend from kindergarten asked.  You held up your drawing.  "I drew brothers!"  You say, smiling widely and showing off your missing teeth.  Your friends look at your drawing and start laughing.  "Those aren't people!"  One sneers.  You had drawn two skeleton brothers, one tall and the other short.

"Yea...  But, you guys all drew princesses.  Why can't I draw skeletons?"  You ask, smile falling dramatically.  "Because!  Isn't it obvious?  Only boys can draw skeletons!  You should have drawn something pretty."  One girl says.  "And until you do, you can't sit with us."  Another says.

Without another word, you pick up your things and go sit near the boys.  At least they thought your drawing was cool.

*Flashback Over*

"(y/n)!  wake up!"

*Flashback*

By highschool, you had an entire collection of drawings.  But you had a portfolio set aside of the monsters that you created.  You had redrawn them since kindergarten and now they were more realistic.

The two brothers as your favorite.  You had also created new monsters.  Why you drew them so creepy you had no idea.

A scary looking onion creature, a goat family, bunny sisters, an adorable monster kid with no arms, a fish creature, a yellow dinosaur, a spider with a cupcake monster, and a fabulous robot.  Of course there were more.  Like the dog you seem to love drawing even though you never remember drawing.  You've started calling him annoying dog cause he is everywhere.

You went into your baby brother's room and plucked him out of his crib.  "Ok buddy.  You're ok."  He had been crying for the past five minutes and your mother was no where in sight.  Upon going back to your room, you saw all of your drawing gone.  "What the-"  You whisper, but you are cut off by a scream.

Running down the stairs, brother in your arms, you find your mother outside crying.  "Mom!?"  You shout approaching her.

She cries harder and points to the house.  It was on fire.

*Flashback Over*

"you gotta stay strong (y/n).  stay determined."

*Flashback*

"All monsters were sealed away in the Underground after seven houses were set on fire this week."  The news anchor said.

You had moved into a new house with your mother and brother.  "(Y/n)?  Could you go out to the car and grab the last box?"  Your mom asks.  "Sure."  You reply dryly.  You were still looking for your drawings even though your mother claimed they burned in the fire since no one grabbed them.

You were shutting the trunk of the car when a woman ran up to you, holding out a picture.  "Have you seen my child?"  She asks.  You shake your head and she looks as if she were about to cry.  But she runs off again.

*Flashback Over*

You heard the faint beeping of a heart monitor.  When you opened your eyes, you had to shut them again from the brightness of the room.  Someone else was in the room with you, looking at some papers from within a black folder.

"how ya feelin pet?"  He asks.  You open your eyes to see Sans, giving a small smile.  "Fine...  Where are we?"  You respond in a quiet and broken voice.  Sans put the folder down.  "well thanks to frisk...  on the surface.  we took you to the nearest hospital."  He says.

"Where is Frisk?"  You ask, looking around the room.  "they admitted him into a room.  he kinda overworked himself getting us all out.  everyone else is either with him or destroying the place."  Sans says standing up and sitting on the edge of your bed.

He places his hand on the side of your head and pets your hair.  Which of course makes you laugh.  "i insisted on staying with you though."  He says blushing.  "Oh?  And why is that?"  You ask, smiling.  "no reason."  He whispers, pulling his hand back.  You laugh again.

A nurse walks in, explains some shit, and says you can leave in a few days.  Even though it was just an arm injury, they needed to make sure your head was ok.  Then she left.

"Sans?  Do me a favor and find my clothes?"  You ask.  Sans gets up and walks to the cabinet underneath the TV and pulls out some new clothes.  "your mom brought them when she came to visit.  she said she would be back once frisk woke up, said nothing about you though..."  Sans said confused.  "Yea.  My mom doesn't really like me that much."  You say with a small shrug and accept the clothes from Sans.

He was a gentleman and left the room while you changed, and you thankfully didn't have an IV in.

You called Sans back in.

"Hey Sans?  What's that?"  You ask, referring to the folder still on the ground.  Sans picks it up and looks a little torn between letting you see it, and keeping it private.

"ah, hell.  i guess i should just show you.  a few years ago i stole this from a girl right before her house was set on fire.  mind you this was back when i was 'evil'.  i always watched this girl and i even thought she was kinda pretty."  Sans says blushing a little.  It made you feel a little jealous knowing Sans had a crush on another human.  Even though it was way before he knew you.

He handed you the folder and you couldn't believe what you saw.

"Sans...  These...  These are mine."  Sans looks around the room nervously.  "i, uh, i can explain!"  He says.

"I was devastated when I lost these."  You whisper.  "i am so sorry (y/n).  i didn't-"  You cut Sans off with a hug.  "I thought they burned in the fire!  Thank you so much!"  You cried into his shoulder.  Sans froze in his spot, not knowing what to do.

"uh...  no problem sweetheart.  i guess."