Chapter Nineteen

Hello my Little Berries!  This isn't too long of a chapter, more of a filler if anything.  But hopefully this fills up the void I have created since I haven't posted in over a month.  I hope you have a lovely Valentines Day!  And if you didn't have anyone to share it with, then I'm your Valentine!

<3

-CarryOnWaywardPie

Your POV

You spent half of the next day on and off texting with Dylan while doing the housework.  And finally, Sans had had enough of you 'ignoring him', so he took your phone right from your hands, and made it disappear with his magic.

"Hey!  Give it back!"  You shout like a child who didn't get their way.  "i've been trying to get your attention for the past ten minutes."  He says, rolling his eyes.  "Whoops.  Sorry.  Whatcha need?"  You ask, fully turning your body t'words him so he knew he had your full attention.

"ok...  well, i...  thought, that maybe, you and i could...  go out sometime?  i mean!  since you've practically begged me to ask you and all!"  He shouted, face turning a dark red.  You just started laughing at him, not even trying to cover it up.

He looked at you with a glare and crossed his arms over his chest like a kid who didn't get their way.

Finally, after you could get a solid breath in, you grabbed his arm so he would look at you.  But the sight of his red face only made you laugh again and you fell onto the floor, clutching your side in pain from all the laughing.

"i'm leaving!"  He shouts.  You finally pull yourself together and rush after him before he can walk out the door.  Hugging him from behind, you rested your head on the back of his shoulder.

"I'd love to go out sometime."  You whisper.  He lets the hug continue for a few seconds before pulling away and disappearing.

After you finished cleaning the living room, you headed upstairs to your room.  Sans was sitting on your bed doing something on his phone.  Wait a second...  That's-

"Sans!  Give me back my phone!"  You exclaim, hopping onto the bed and attempting grab it out of his hands.  He held it high above his head and grabbed your wrists with his other hand.

"who is this dylan guy who keeps texting you?"  He asks.  "He's a friend from high school.  Now give it back!"  You were struggling to free your wrists, suddenly feeling scared.  Sans kept yelling about something you couldn't hear because your mind was all foggy, on the brink of a panic attack.

Finally you stopped moving all together, sitting down on the bed.  Knowing if you kept at it you would only hurt yourself.

At the sudden silence from your end, Sans finally paused his yelling.  He looked down at your wrists -- Which were still in his tight grasp -- and then up into your tear filled eyes.  He quickly realized his mistake and dropped your wrists.

"(y/n)...  i'm so sorry."  That was all you could make out before your mind shut down and you curled in on yourself, tucking your knees under your chin.

Sans' POV

Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god.

I didn't mean to break the human!  ...Why do I feel so awful?

She looks so broken, curled up into a ball like that.  It was hard to tell at first glance, but she was crying silently.  I reached out slowly to pet her hair, attempting to calm her down.  But she only flinched at my touch and curled her wings around herself.

I really had no idea what to do in these situations.

After a solid two minutes of being too afraid to say anything, Toby trotted through the door and hopped into my lap.

"uh...  (y/n)?  someone's here to see you."  No response.  "toby really wants you to pet him."  I add.  Once again, no response.  She did stop shaking though.  I was quiet again.

A hand reached out from underneath one of her wings, and I placed Toby down near it.  I could see skeletal imprints on her wrist, ones that looked like they weren't going away anytime soon.

Her hand buried itself in Toby's fur, then gently pushed him into the feathery blanket.  It reappeared a moment later, finally finding my hand, and held it loosely.

I used my magic to make a blanket appear over her so she had another thing to hide under if she felt the need to.

We stayed like that for a good while, I sensed that she was finally calming down once her grip tightened on my hand.

"i'm real sorry sweetheart.  i didn't mean to make you cry."  She let out a shaky breath before slightly moving one of her wings so I could only see part of her face.  I gently ran my thumb over her knuckles.

Her wing lifted up the rest of the way and she yanked me down next to her.  She didn't say anything, but I knew that she was going to be alright.