Chapter Seven

Havyn's P.O.V.

The instant the final bell rings dismissing all classes on Friday, I let out a deep breath that I feel like I have been holding the entire week. As I walk through the busy hallway of people chatting and laughing about their weekend plans, I can't help but think of my own plans. Of course I have a lot planned, and ultimately it will most likely all get me into some kind of trouble, but that is the best kind of fun. My Father, even if I should even call him that anymore, left Thursday morning for a week long business trip, relieving me off of him. Sarah, Chris, and Matt are all going to spend the weekend at my house to assist in my shenanigans. A smile creeps onto my face.

"Ah," Mr. Richards breathes out the moment I walk into the room. "There you are. I thought for a moment that you were going to skip out on your final day and earn yet another week of detention. Sadly you are here, which means that as of now we won't be spending next week together."

"There is always next week," I say, winking. 

"Just sit down and let us all three hope these next few hours go by quickly," he says, waving me towards my seat. 

Three hours on a Friday? Absolutely no way. I am most certainly getting out of here. I start to dig around in my devilish mind for some kind of plan to be released early. Nothing pops to mind right away. I have already got Chris to pull the fire alarm this week, so that will have to wait awhile before I can use that plan again. I groan internally at myself. I really should have thought about that. I should have saved that scheme for today. I squirm around in my seat, coming up with no plans. Might as well get comfortable for the next three hours.

One hour slowly drags by. 

"I am going to run a quick errand to the teacher's lounge," Mr. Richards announces, snapping Kai and myself from our own thoughts. We both shrug our shoulders, not really giving a damn what he is going to do. "I will be back shortly. You both know the rules."

Mr. Richards leaves the room humming. 

I jump out of my seat to go see if he locked the door behind him. 

"What are you doing?" Kai asks, with his bored tone. 

"Checking to see if he locked the door," I say, reaching for the knob. "I have got to get out of here. I have important things to do. It is a Friday night, ya know? I have people to see, but most importantly places to be."

"Whatever," Kai rolls his eyes.

When twist the knob, it is locked. I let out a frustrated groan. I lean my back against the door and slide down to the floor. Kai rolls his eyes at me and averts his attention else where. I have an urge to slap him across the face.

"This is your fault," I say, bluntly. 

His head snaps in my direction, an angry scowl on his face.

"How in the hell is this my fault, Havyn?" he asks, balling his fists on top of his desk.

Something about the way he says my name sends a weird feeling through my stomach. 

"This is all started in Mrs. Fisher's room because you decided to be a jack ass," I snap. 

"Blame all of your problems on other people gets you no where."

"Blaming you sure does," I reply.

"Listen," he snaps. "I have things to do tonight. Important things that I can't under any circumstances miss. You might as well sit back and enjoy the next two hours, because we are stuck here. Now if you don't mind shutting up that would be excellent."