Chapter Ten

Monday morning comes back around way too quickly. After Friday night, I didn't see Havyn anymore over the weekend. Like I told her, we both have reputations to uphold. Neither one of us are going to let something as small as our feelings get in our way. Besides, Havyn made it pretty clear that the whole "us" thing is just going to be for fun, which I don't exactly hate the idea of. Trouble seems to find me wherever I go. With Havyn around, we are double the trouble. The school's Bad Girl meets the school's Bad Boy and all hell is surely going to break loose. A smirk forms at the corner of my lips at the thought. Finn nudges my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts, the thoughts of nothing but Havyn.

"Dude," Finn grins. "Are you thinking about the sexy Havyn Holloway?"

I want to grab my best friend by the collar of his shirt and threaten him with his own life all because he just called Havyn sexy. We aren't even an item and here I am getting extremely jealous and pissed off at the mention of how drop dead gorgeous she is out of another's guy mouth, and this guy being Finn Waters. I take a deep breath to calm myself, and then lean back into my seat to relax. Jax is sitting on the other side of me, playing some stupid game on his phone that he is literally addicted to. No matter where we are, for example sitting in class right now, he never dares to put the screen down. I can't help but roll my eyes at him.

"Are you thinking about her?" Finn asks, repeating his original question.

"No," I snap. "Now shut up. Some people are trying to concentrate around here."

"I hope you aren't talking about yourself," Finn chuckles lightly.

"Of course I'm not," I say, trying to hide the grin clawing its way to the surface.

Jax lets out an exasperated sigh, obviously not doing very well on his game right now. Finn snatches the phone out of his hands, having to lean over me to do so. I shoot him a warning look, letting him silently know not to invade my personal space again. My arms cross over my chest when I see that we still have ten minutes left in this dreadful first period. Somehow or another Finn, Jaxon, and myself all ended up in Trig class together, even though we all wanted to take the easy College Readiness Math class. Ms. Jenkins, the teacher, is yapping away about some formula that we have to remember for our upcoming test. I don't pay her any attention of course.

"Give me my phone back," Jax hisses to Finn, looking angry.

"No," Finn shakes his head.

"Shut up you two," I warn.

"Tell him to give me my fucking phone back then," Jax says, a little louder this time.

I laugh quietly at how idiotic these two are acting right now.

"Give him back the damn phone," I mumble. "Now."

Finn once again says no. Before I can do anything to stop what happens, Jaxon leaps over me with full force, tackling Finn to the ground. Finn is starts laughing like a hyena. Jax rears his fist back, ready to punch one of his best friends in the face over a damn cell phone. Ms. Jenkins along with the rest of the class are all staring at the outbreak. Knowing that I have to be the one to stop the two, I sigh and stand from my seat. I rip Jax off of Finn, shoving him behind me. I snatch Jaxon's phone from Finn's hand and shove it into Jax's chest.

"Kai, Finn, and Jaxon detention this afternoon with Mr. Walters," Ms. Jenkins says, sternly.

I roll my eyes and shrug my shoulders, knowing that was coming. Detention is definitely nothing new. I mean I did have it all last week with Havyn. Havyn. I can't help but wonder if she has got herself into trouble today. If she hasn't yet, then she surely will before the final bell rings. For the second time this morning, I have to shake off the thoughts of the Eastside's Bad Girl. Finn and Jaxon are both back in their seats, arms crossed over their chests and puffing their breaths. Great, now I have two angry friends to deal with the rest of the day.