Chapter Twenty-Eight

Havyn's P.O.V.

Kai. 

I drop to my knees on the floor, burying my face into my hands, catching the tears falling down my face in my palms. My entire heart is broken into a million tiny pieces, and it is all entirely my fault, just like everything is. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't do or say something that screws something up. First my Mom, now my Dad, and now Kai. I just pushed the only person that I ever really wanted away. I told him that I didn't care. I told him to leave. I told him that there was no longer an us. 

I fall onto my side, curling myself into a ball, wanting to crawl into a hole and die. What is the point in living when there is nothing to live for? Why keep stealing the oxygen of the people around you who actually use it for good? No, I think to myself, don't even think like this again. There is no way I am going to go back to my old thinking. I won't do this again. I won't even think about the idea of my life ending. My own Father just took his own life. I couldn't do it. I couldn't leave all of the people I care for behind with that on their minds. 

A little after midnight, when I am sure that no one is still here, I creep out of my room. I tiptoe down the stairs out of habit, wanting to be quiet. I feel around in the dark, careful not to knock anything over, to the living room. To my surprise the living room light is still on. I walk around the corner, wrapping my arms around my chest. My breath catches. Kai is sitting on the couch, staring down at his hands. Everything about him in this moment is completely different. His shoulders are slouched over, his head hung low, and silent tears creeping down his face. 

"Kai," I whisper, catching his attention. "Why, why are you here?"

"I never left," he whispers back. "Havyn, I am not going anywhere. I don't care if you beg me to leave, I won't. Even if you don't want to admit it, I know that you need me, because I need you. As cheesy as it may sound, we are meant to be together. It is said that the ones who are supposed to be together, are the ones that are going to face the most difficult obstacles. I will push through every single on of those damn obstacles if it means you are at the end of the finish line. I am going to fight for the rest of my life for you. I love you, and no matter how hard you try to push me away, I am not going anywhere, ever. You are stuck with me."

I want to cry, but there are no tears left. 

"I don't know to say," I speak, softly. 

"Say that you love me too," he says, begging with his chocolate eyes. 

"I love you, too," I say, voice trembling.

Kai is across the room with his arms wrapped around me, pulling me into the air. I let my arms and legs wrap around him, burying my face into his neck. Everything he said is right. We need each other. More importantly, I need him. 

I need Kai Prince. 

.....................................

Sorry this chapter is so short. 

Xoxo