Stealing

Chapter 10

I pace furiously around our hotel room in deep thought. Nathan stays still on the couch.

"How the hell are we going to rob a bank?" I say mostly to myself probably for the fifteenth time in the past hour.

"I don't know," Nathan answers for, maybe, the tenth time. "I think it's more important that we find out why. Why would he need us to rob from that specific bank? It has to hold something the others don't."

A knock resonates from our door. I walk over and look through the peep hole. I unlock it and open it.

"Hi, Portia. Thanks for coming this late." I walk in again. She follows me, but someone else is with her. He's a wearing a black suit with no tie. He has a Rolex watch. "This is my fiancé, Ricardo."

"Hi, call me Ric," he says quite shyly as a matter of fact. We answer his greeting back and shake his hand.

"He knows everything," Portia continues. "We both decided to take the risk. So, what did you need to tell me?"

"Rodrigo met us after the show tonight. He wants us to rob from Deustche Bank."

"And he specified that bank?"

I nod.

"I think I know why he chose that one."

"I haven't been a 100% honest with you," she continues. "My father had something passed down to him along side the coat. Whatever the second object is, he kept it in that bank. I didn't tell you to protect you, because my father himself had been trough quite a lot of dangerous things to keep that hidden."

This family has honestly the most intriguing set of people and stories that come with them. It's unbelievable.

"How do we steal it if we don't know what it is?" Nathan questions.

"I'm pretty sure that it'll be noticeable once we get into his safety deposit box. I don't know how to get to that step though."

"What if we act like we're a correspondence of your dad?" I suggest. "We have to gather all his information and know everything about him and that deposit box and they'll let us in. Would that work?"

"I think it would," Nathan says. "Portia, is there anyway we could get your dad's information?"

"He had an office he never let anyone enter in the Polo house. I inherited a pair of keys too when he passed. There must be one that opens it."

"Okay, let's go," her fiancé exclaims. I don't know if he's truly excited or just mocking us because he's bored.

Nathan and I had already changed so we follow Portia and Ricardo out.

"Hey, we should call and get our plane tickets postponed," Nathan tells me.

"This agency is going to hate us," I sing-song. "I'm on it."

I take my phone out and push our tickets that were meant for tomorrow (well, technically today) for the day after that.

We sleepily meander through the halls towards the elevators. I notice how worried Portia's fiancé looks, but I judge it better for me not to say anything.

We all walk inside the elevator without saying a word until we reach the end of the street to the port. We board a ferry. It's very silent.

I close my eyes, which doesn't make that big of a difference regarding the light. I let the wind course through and wrap itself around me. I tighten my hold on the rail. I sway to the rythm of the wind. Nathan's hand creeps up my back.