•¶art6•

August Alsina.

Aries's house was 10 minutes away from my house so it did not take me much time to get there.

When I pulled up their drive way my heart beat 3 times harder than the normal rate. I was honestly scared of Ari's mom, I feel like she will ask me all these unnecessary questions and the last thing I wanna do while eating dinner is pissing on my pants.

I got out the car and rubbed my hands, my palms were sweating already. I pulled up my jeans so I looked presentable even though I hated wearing my pants fully. I stood in front of the door taking a swift breath in as I pressed the doorbell. I waited patiently running my hands in my hair nervously.

The door swung open, Aries stood there with a huge smile on her face I don't know if I should hug her with her moms right behind her but she rubbed the thought of my head when she wrapped her tiny arms around my neck and I went with the flow.

"You look nervous and handsome.." She said whispering in my ear.

"Thanks baybeh, you look beautiful too" I said to her she let go as she walked in I followed behind her and closed the door behind me.

I spotted Aries's mother setting up the dinner table and her back was turned to us. Aries poked me I looked at her she mouthed 'Relax' I nodded even though I was nervous as hell.

"Mom August is here.." Aries said out loud her mother turned around and looked at me, I had to make a move.

"Nice to meet yuh' mrs parker" I put my hand out for a shake she shook it.

"Like wise, have a seat son" She said her voice was soothing just like Aries's I pulled out her chair for her before she could sit she looked at me, then sat down.

"Thank you" she said I nodded as I did the same for Aries but her mom's eyes were burning holes.

"I hope you don't have any allergies on any food right?" She asked .

"Not at all" I said she nodded "good" she said looking over at her daughter.

"Ries please say the grace.." She said Aries rolled her eyes before closing them.

"Lord thank you for this food you've provided tonight keep on blessing us father and bless the food we are about to eat in Jesus name...Amen"

" amen" We said in unison. We began dishing up for ourselves and I'll be lying if I said the table wasn't awkward.

"I finished the Shadow novel" I heard Aries say I knew she wasn't talking to her mom.

"Shadow? Yuh' mean that Stevie j novel?" I asked she nodded

"Wow that was quick, you pluggin' hard on them books huh?" I said she laughed.

"Are you from the south?" Her mom asked catching our attention.

"Yes ma'am was born and raised in New Orleans I moved here 5 years ago" I said she nodded as a slight smile appeared on her lips.

"You still got your accent, reminds me of Aries father back in the day. He was from Louisiana" she fully smiled

" Really? I'm from LA too.." I said

"Yes I hear that son, how old are you?"
"I'm seventeen "

"Seventeen huh? You don't look your age" I don't know if I should take that as a compliment.

"I get that a lot.." I lied running my hand in my small locks.

"I believe you and my daughter are in some sort of Relationship.." She said