Prologue

History has shown that human being are social animals and the key to our sanity is social interaction, attention and affection from others. Such can be seen from the effects of isolation that criminals have experienced as punishments. However, society has evolved and instead of punishment, we exchange it for treatment and rehabilitative measures.

You would think in an era like ours, people would have cultivated dignity and respect for human beings after everything but those are only beliefs and values. They are things that we would want to abide by to achieve and most people have evolved. We now live in a society where equality is prevalent, and we have freedom and liberty that many people especially women did not have. We no longer see people being punished in cruel and torturous ways.

But people are smart creatures who have found ways to inflict pain in such a way that the human eyes cannot pick up at first glance. Isolation and seclusion have been exchanged for stigmatization, and segregation have been exchanged for being overshadowed.

It's to wake up every single day feeling as though your mind and body are separate entities. To hear words that impact the human mind in such a way that you feel as though you are nothing but a waste of space. To be treated in such a way that causes detrimental effects on the conception of your social identity.

Knowing that no matter what you do, it makes no difference. And when there seem to be no way out, no light at the end of the tunnel... What do you do? You fight. You take the first step.

And it's that first step that opens the door to a different world, a different path. It might not be easy, but it's worth it. To be able to experience the world without constraints, meeting new people who become life long friends, creating your own identity and be proud of it.

And when you meet that one person, the one who breaks your shell and accept you for who you are, to fill in the holes in your heart and lighten up your world, you hold on and never let go. But most importantly, you don't look back to let the past get in the way.

Because a life without love, is no life at all.

*****************************************************************************************************

a/n

Hey guys, this is my first time writing a story. Please give it a chance. I would really appreciate it. And don't forget to vote and comment. Your feedback means a lot and it would help motivate me to keep writing :D I really hope you guys like this story!

Enjoy,

Sophia <3