Chapter 15: One With You

Mature scenes ahead. Viewer discretion is advised. Enjoy
________________________________

The bonfire burned brightly, radiating a soothing warmth that chased away the chillness of the night. Everyone had gathered on the deck after getting freshly dressed.

George and Andrew were grilling the fish they'd caught and some assortment of vegetables. Stacey and Cathy were in charge of the boiling pot of stew along with many side dishes. And the rest of them were busy setting up the table for dinner.

The smoke wafted from the grill along with the delicious aroma of the steamy stew pot filled the air and Serena breathed the salivating fragrance, making her stomach growl in anticipation.

"Someone's hungry," River whispered in her ear from behind as he placed the last plate on the table.

Before Serena had a chance to reply back, her stomach growled loudly once more, like a troll in affirmation and Serena snickered as she turned around to face River. "The body wants what it wants."

"Hmm. Is that so?" River nodded his head as though contemplating her words. Serena watched as his face changed from pretentiously thinking to the flicker of desire swirling in River's eyes. She was about to step away when River subtlety placed his strong arms on either side of her, caging Serena between the table and the hard surface of River's solid body.

"Then you won't have any objection if I were to have a taste of your lips right here, right now. But I have to warn you." River peered down until they were eye to eye. "One taste is never enough."

"Y-you wouldn't!" Serena stammered. With River so close, she could smell him, a heady wave of the freshness and his natural scent enticing her senses. She didn't understand her reaction but for some reason the scent unfurled a hunger she was becoming acquainted with whenever River was nearby. Heat pooled in her core and Serena wanted to rub her legs together, needing some sort of friction to ease and calm the bundle of nerves that pulsed eagerly.

"Wouldn't I?" River shifted his eyes from her blue-green hues to her plumb lips. He wanted to bite them, wanting to see her lips reddened until it was swollen from his assault.

"River, we can't—." Serena placed her hands on River's chest in an attempt to extinguish the fire burning in his eyes and looked around, hoping no one was paying them attention.

"Would you deny me the pleasure of kissing you?" River leaned into her neck, his hot breath setting her skin ablaze as he traced along her neck with the merest graze of his lips.

Serena gasped from the sensations of his little attack. His lips was so close to her skin but he was not really touching her. It was like a phantom caress that teased her and fuelled her appetite but never really quenching it. It left Serena on edge, leaving her with the growing temptation to fist her hands into the back of his head and guide that devilish lips of his to hers.

"Just one kiss," Serena breathed out, her heart racing in anticipation. Her lips burned to feel his lips, knowing just how maddeningly delectable he tasted. Her hands travelled from his chest to his shoulder as she held on for her legs was about to give away.

"That's all I ask for, baby," River chuckled huskily as he licked his lips as though he could taste her already. River dug his fingers into her hips and pressed Serena to him, eliminating any space between them. He pecked the corner of her mouth, extracting a mewling sound from Serena and was about to muzzle her mouth—

"Diner's ready!"

Serena jostled with a small shriek and was quick to push River away, forcing him to take a step back. Serena had forgotten that they weren't alone and a blush formed on her cheeks in realization.