Nagito's Past

It took about 20 minutes for Alfred to drive to the hospital, we didn't talk much, if at all. I can't really remember much except for that fact that Alfred was nearly in tears, goes to prove my point that he is like a father to Nagito.

When we reached the hospital I jumped out of the car and followed Alfred as he knew were Nagito was, glancing around I see that everyone was whispering, it gave me a funny feeling. But that was pushed to the least of my concerned when I heard Alfred talking to a doctor.

"What do you mean we can't see him! I'm his Butler and this here..." I see him gesturing towards me, "and well... this here is a very dear friend to him".
I felt a thousands arrows stab me after hearing the word "Friend".

The doctor soon replies with "Well, I'm very sorry sir, but Komaeda isn't in the position to see visitors at the moment, come back in a hour when he has had some food."
Alfred face had turned all red full of frustration and anger, I could see his hands were in tight fists. Sighing, I place my hand on he shoulder and say "Don't worry I can wait."
Finally after a lot of persuasion and compromising with Alfred and the doctor we sat down in the waiting area, where the longest Half an hour of my life began.

After a minute or so Alfred turned to me, "F/n, before you see Nagito, I need to tell you what's actually wrong. But beware Nagito will not be happy about me telling you, so please pretend you don't know."

"Umm, ok.." I stutter.

"As a teen, Nagito was diagnosed with lymphoma and frontotemporal dementia, and was given a life expectancy of half a year to a year, though, he believed his good luck allowed him to live much longer, this was 5 years ago. The main problem is the lymphoma, which is Cancer of the Lymphatic system. There are several side affects including:
◽High temperatures that come and go with no obvious cause (often overnight)
◽Losing a lot of weight over a short period of time
◽Itching, which may be worse after drinking alcohol
◽Heavy sweating - especially at night

As you can probably tell he loses weight quite rapidly, that's why he's fairly skinny. When I entered his room this morning he was sweating and had a very high temperature. But don't worry this is not the first time this has happened to him, so he should be ok.... hopefully. This is one of the reasons he has the pool so cold, He didn't want you to know as he feared you would worry. These diagnoses is also the reason for him having white hair, his original hair colour was brown/red. Well it could have been the medication or the amount of stress he has endured."

With something caught in my throat I stutter, "What, why was he stressed. What happened to him?"

"Well as you know Nagito has a gift or as he calls it a Curse, the fact that he's lucky and unlucky has affect other importance being in his life, and he has taken the blame for this."

"What happened?" I ask while trying not to sound too curious.

"The earliest occurrence I can remember was when his dear pet dog was killed after being hit by a truck,and his mother never used to complimented his appearance, she was quite strict with him but nevertheless Nagito loved her, which brought greater shock when Nagito was an elementary school student, his parents went on a family vacation at San Cristóbal Island in the Galápagos archipelago. When the vacation was at an end, the family boarded onto an airplane leaving from the San Cristóbal Airport. However, the plane ended up being hijacked. Both the hijacker and Nagito's parents were killed before his very eyes after a small meteor crashed into the airplane, and many more things happened affecting the people around him. blaming himself for the death of his dog and his parents, these were just the start of it."

"Omg... I never knew.... I'm so sorry...", Now I know why he was so against the idea of me wanting to involve myself into his plan, anything that would have happened to me, he would have blamed on himself. I was so selfish... I though I was being selfless helping him but I never considered this feeling towards my action...

My thought were broken by the sounds of the doctor saying, " He's ready to see you now."

**********************************

Sorry if you already read about Nagito past on the internet or played the game and found out the stuff on there.

But that is the basic background on him. Anyway hoped you enjoyed.

Picture is of Nagito dog

Lunamine xx