Bait

I stand on my fours near a tree, a thick leather collar is digging deep on my neck and the chains rattles as I painfully tug on it. It's connected to the tree behind me and so, I can't really run around or anything. I sit down and mentally grumble, still in my wolf form. I don't want to change back into my human form and be naked in front of those strangers. That would be awkward. I know humans these days are very concern about nudity. Werewolves don't care about that because that's our nature. Way back in the days, all humans and supernaturals were naked, not caring what look like what and whatsoever. And now, the modern are just blaming on nudity as a bad thing for all of us. Well, not the modern, but it was the religious that changed the people, telling them that being naked is bad and they must wear clothes.

No offense to those that are religious, but that's the truth. I don't mind the nudity, but about my mate... yeah. I don't know about that. I know he has already seen my bare skin and I only see his abs. I don't know about the rest. Know what I mean?

Goddess, I'm so bored that I just started thinking about a lot things.

I wish I could warn my mate by mind-linking. I wish there's a way to warn him. Too bad I'm mute. I'm unable to do these things. However, I can't let the negativities take me down because of my muteness. I'm mute doesn't mean I can't do anything. Sitting here doing nothing has given me a lot of time to think about stuff. Like being unable to speak, mind-link, or communicate to my wolf. Like how the world is different between the humans and supernaturals. How different that is. Perhaps being a supernatural is better than human.

"Why is she not making a sound?" I hear the right man complains, drawing me out of my busy mind. "She hasn't made a single sound since we trapped her."

"Maybe she's a loner." The left man suggests, making me imagine him shrugging his shoulder. "Loners tend to not make a sound when they're in trouble and banished from their packs."

They continue to talk quietly, waiting for any male to come to me. Again with the male hunting things. Seriously, I roll my eyes. These hunters need to stop coming around here. They're too close to my pack's territory. Too close for my own comfort. I'm getting tried, no, irritated by this. Plus, aren't wolves supposed to be in a safe zone or these hunters just don't care about that? I shake my head, almost as if I'm shaking off water. I hear the men hold their breaths, but when I don't do anything else, they breathe and continue to speak softly.

I hope it won't be my mate that's coming because I don't want him to fall for this stupid trap....

Noah's POV:

"Goddess, I scared her, did I?" I ask myself when I look at the mirror in the bathroom. I shake at my head, disappointed and ashamed at myself. I really need to control my anger temper. It's a bad habit and I know I need to break it. Every time I get angry, my wolf takes control and it always makes it worse for the both of us. Especially smelling those human scents close by or on my pack member. These light up the fire in my wolf without ever thinking. Huh, no wonder why men are dumb sometime and how women are smart.

Yea, we did. Very badly. My wolf, Harvey growls in my head, sounding upset about the fact that our mate not being here. We scared our little mate so bad that she fled.

I know. I reply back to him. We didn't mean to scared her. We both forgot how big her fears of anger, loud noises, things like that. Gosh, We're a terrible mate.

No, we are not. We  just need to control ourselves and be in control when we're around our mate. If we smell that scent on our mate, we just need to know the story first before getting mad and worried. At least, she haven't been hurt by those humans she has came across.

Yeah, at least. I thought.

"Alpha." I hear Zaria calling on me from the front of my family cabin. I walk out of my room, down the stairs, and find her standing at the door, worried is displaying on her face.

"What's wrong?" I ask her, seeing that her eyes are wide. Did something happen to my pack? Or to my little mate?

"She's gone." Zaria claims and I don't need to know more. I already know about that. I'm the one that scared her away in the first place and I must find her again. It will me comforting her. It will me finding her and letting her know I mean no harm. It will be me showing her that I'm not the monster that people think I am. I don't want her to think of me that way. I want her to know that I'm a good and kind person around her, my family, and friends and I display my Alpha side to others only. I don't want my mate to be afraid, uncomfortable, anything particularly like that. I want her to feel... loved.

I dash out my cabin in supernatural speed, passing Zaria and jumping in the air to transform into my wolf. Fur pop up through my pores, bones cracking as they shift, and my senses sharpen. I run into the forest after landing on my massive blonde paws and I hear running footsteps following behind me. I can smell my Beta behind. Looks like she wants to help too since she knows my mate better then I do.

Mate's in danger! Harvey howls angrily. She's with humans!

Humans? Why would my mate be with the humans again? I know that she have ran into a couple earlier, but they didn't harm her. However, this time, I have a feeling that the other humans that she's with right now are not friendly. I can tell by the ways Harvey howling and growling savagely in my head, making me run faster. I can smell her scent combining with the humans', mint chocolate chip along with sweat, dirt, and... Deer? Strange scents.

She's in danger now, I thought.

Stop! Zaria yells in my mind and I suddenly stop before a narrow creek. This is where my mate's scent has mixed with the humans'.

Let me find her. Zaria says.

I shortly nod and sit down next to the creek, watching as my Beta disappears from my sight and listening to the sound of the gentle moving water. I grow nervous and anxious, my tail continuously swiping side to side. It's my fault that all of this happened. I never mean to scare her away just like that. I wish my mate isn't scared of me, but I understand it's not her fault being that way.

It's my stupid fault...

Zaria's POV:

I follow her scent, aware of the humans that are mixed with her smell. I walk carefully and cautiously, looking out for any humans. I have a feeling that they did something to her and that's might be why she couldn't come back home.

It's not long until I spot her in the opening; standing next to a lone tree with a collar on her neck to prevent her from running away. I stop before the thick bush, looking around. I see two men hiding up at the tree, sitting on one of those hunting tree chair. They are camouflaged in a large tarp, only showing their dark eyes. I don't know for how long she has been standing there doing nothing, but I know I need to get her away from them. Get her out of here. They won't shoot at the females, but they sure will shoot at the males. That's why I have Alpha to stay back, that way he won't be shot. We don't want that to happen.

I give out a soft bark, only the werewolves can hear that sound and Julia meets my eyes when she hears it. She blinks and looks away as if she doesn't see me. That's good. The men won't suspect that there's another wolf here.

I stalk and crawl on my belly to the men on the tree, hiding under the bushes. It's probably around 15 feet tall, but I can jump that high. I'm the highest jumper in the pack, leaving me at 30 feet, my highest score. I jump and crash into the tarp, scaring and surprising the men at the same time. They scream and a gun goes off...

Did they shoot Zaria? What will happen? Song: What've I Done by LINKIN PARK. Friggin' love that band and their songs.
Comment, vote, share, and follow. Thanks!
~Ghostwolf1999
Edited: August 14, 2017