The King's Challenge

Julia's POV:

"Good morning." Bear greets me as he puts down the plates of breakfast on the table. Eggs, sausages, and hash browns fill my nose and I almost let my mouth water at the wonderful smells.

"Morning, Bear." I greet back and he bows before leaving the room. I spot Noah sitting on the counter in the kitchen, watching me as he munches on his breakfast. I gulp, feeling the nervousness in my stomach. I need to talk to him. There's something that I want to share with.

"Talk to me about what?" Noah asks, reading my thoughts and sensing my feelings. He narrows his brows as he asks me. I forgot to put my wall up, but I guess I don't care about that anymore. Since we have bonded completely last night, I no longer feel afraid. With him, all I feel are happiness, confident, and safe. Well, I feel safer now that I have my wolf back. And the angel as well.

"Let's go in the living room." I turn around to go in there with him following me. I sit down on the couch and he takes his spot next to me, facing me with his eyes. He narrows his brows again like he's think there's something up with me. Well, there is.

"Do you still love me?" I ask with uncertainty. I still do love him, but I don't know if he still loves me after what I have gone through.

"Julia, I do love you. Why are you asking me this?" He replies with certainty.

"Really? Do you really still love me after what I had been through? I had been bullied, abused, mute, and almost have been raped. How could you love me like the person like that with all of those bad experiences?"

"My little one," He wraps his hand on mine. "I will never stop loving you. If you're blind, I'll guide you to the lightness. When you were mute, I speak up for you. When you're cover in scars, I'll cover them with my love and beauty. If you're deaf, I'll sign to you. As you should see, I'll never stop loving you since you're everything that I ever wanted despite the pain and fear you have to go through. You're the Luna and the Queen. You're a half lycan and half angel.

"I want to be with you," he leans in, feeling his hot breaths on my face which makes me shiver. "I want to be with you every single day. I'm not going to let anyone take you from me, no matter what. If that happen, I will be always in your heart and soul. I will look for you. I'm your mate and I will protect you from the dangers as much as I can. I love you. Deeply in love with you."

His words take my breath away. It's the most honest truth that I ever heard in my life. I sense no lie, only there's pure truth coming from deep within his heart. I close my eyes and press my lips on his. He kisses back gently, his hand trailing itself on my neck and sending off sparks and fireworks.

"I will never let you go." He says breathlessly. Then, his eyes darken and he looks up, "He's here."

Noah, Bear, Julia, a few of the warriors including Cole follow me to the training ground where the King is waiting along with his warriors and Beta. I take in a big breath and let it go, feeling my stomach tighten by the nervousness. Then, I straighten my back and put on my cold face before approaching the King. I am Queen and the Queen is supposed to be fearless and brave. And that what I decided to be.

He stands around 6'4", taller than my sister, Cole, and everyone else around him. He has ice cold eyes that matches his cold ivory face, his inky black hair is pushed up into spike-like style. Leather clothing hugs his form, tight on his arms and legs. He looks dangerously cold.

We all bow down expect me, only that I stand up. I refuse to bow down to this King. From what I learned about the history of Kings and Queens, only the Queens get the powers. I will get powers over him.