Chapter 1

© Copyright to Mouki21

So here's one of the new stories from my upcoming list! I was tossing up between this and 'The Bowie Effect', but i feel a lot more into this one so this one won! YAY!

So enjoy!

1
Sye's P.O.V

“Sye... Sye wake up,” someone called to me.

“Ugh!” I groaned and rolled over in my bed, pulling the blanket up higher over my head.

“Sye!” my sister shouted and smacked me on the butt. I lashed out with my arm and tried to grab her but she squealed and ran off. Stupid sister, waking me up, pain in the ass. I opened my eyes, but only to check my watch; 8 o'clock. Damn, I'd slept in. I jumped out of bed and raced into the bathroom and showered. Then I dressed for school, grabbed my school bag and ran for the door. Normally if I was running late I'd call Steve and his mum and him would come pick me up. But I'd ask them everyday this week and I was feeling guilty and lazy; so today I ran.

“Phew, made it!” I mumbled as I stepped through the school gates as the bell went. Oh yeah, I'm a genius. I slipped into the back of my class, last person in, and put my bag on my desk like a shield of the teacher's view of me. Mr. Anderson began taking the roll.

“Stanton?”

“Here.”

“Sousa?”

“Yeah.”

“Turner?”

“Present.”

“Vettori?”

“...” I wonder where my friends are at the moment.

“Vettori?”

“...” I bet their skiving off somewhere and thought it would be funny not to tell me.

“SYE?” the teacher growled. I snapped my head up over my bag to see the teacher glaring at me and the students snickering.

“Here!” I groaned and slumped back onto my desk. Jeez, what was his problem? Can't a student peacefully ignore his teacher in peace these days? I snorted and turned my head to look out the window.

A wonderful sunny summer day, YAY! Only two days left of school and then summer holidays baby, I'm yours. The class for today started and being the second last day of school it was pretty easy going. Most of the other people were chatting away happily and excitedly about what they were doing these holidays. Me? I was hedging it out on the beach and in the surf ALL SUMMER LONG!

So I lasted pretty well until lunchtime. School 1 Sye 0; but at least I was still on my feet. Lunch was half-time and then after that it was back in for round two. I pounced into the cafeteria and kidnapped my usual seat, carrying it over my head to the window by the back door so I could spy on the clouds outside in the blue while I ate. Those shifty shifty clouds. I eyed them evilly as I tore a chunk out of my chicken and mayo sandwich with my fangs.

“Whoa there Sye, what the sandwich ever do to you?” cackled Gideon as he sat on the floor at my feet, his back to the window. I eyed him over and then devoured the rest of my sandwich in one go.

“It looked at me funny,” I said to my best friend with my mouth full. Gideon just raised an eyebrow at me and laughed. Ignorant little Gideon, he knew nothing of the evil evil world out there, just waiting to take a slice of my delicious pie of awesome.