Chapter 23

GAHHH oh i know i haven't updated this in so long, but i was really stuck on how to end it. And now i kind of rushed it a little.... SO SORRY IF IT'S BAD! I'll hopefully have time to come back and fix it up later if it's no good. But i needed to get it out of the way!

So ENJOY!... hopefully...

Sye's P.O.V

“WHOO HOO!” George cried as he ran around my bunk bed holding a pillow over his head.

“Be careful,” Tristan warned him, snatching him out of the air into his arms and holding him tightly. George winked at me and then dig a jig while Tristan held him up, George's arms and legs going everywhere.

“So, only one week left of camp, then we all go home back to our boring normal everyday lives,” Joel said as he scooted further towards me on my bed as we dangled our legs over the side.

“I don't know about you, but my life is anything but boring,” George cackled and Tristan was forced to let him go.

“Shame about Fin, I mean Greg, he seemed like an okay bloke,” Riley sighed, scratching his chin.

“You mean apart from the whole mass murdering thing,” Leo rolled his eyes, cocking an eyebrow. Riley laughed and scruffed up his hair.

“Well yeah, I mean I know he was bad and all, but he just seemed so... well, jock-like. I didn't think a guy like him could have the... motivation to do that kind of thing,” Riley shrugged. I bit my lower lip. He was right. Fin seemed like the kind of guy who couldn't hurt a fly, a little too heterosexual for my liking, but he was descent enough. Greg on the other hand, well that you already know. There was one question that had plagued me the last few weeks. Why? It wasn't like we were mean to the guy or anything. We all considered him our friend, we hung out, we drank, he didn't seem opposed at all to our... gayness. So why? What was in it for him? It all had me thinking, was he working alone?

“What are you thinking about so seriously?” Joel asked me, picking a hair off of the front of my shirt.

“Nothing,” I smiled to him. “I'm just glad the camp didn't get closed down. Even though a lot of parents pulled their kids out.” Really there were only a few people left. Our close knit group was still here, a few of the older boys, about ten girls left too. Carla was the first pulled out, the rest went pretty quickly after that. I tell you what, I was glad to be rid of her. But for some reason, I still felt a little unsettled. Oh well.

~

Joel's P.O.V

I woke on the last day of camp in a world of hurt for goodbyes.

“Joel...?” Sye whined as he sat on his bed, his legs dangling over the edge, as he looked down at me while I finished packing. The dorm was empty and everyone had cleared out to wait for their parents or buses.

“Yes Sye?” I asked casually, trying desperately not to meet his gaze. Parting would be hard enough as it was.

“You'll fit in my suitcase right?” he mumbled, leaping down from his bunk for the final time and landing with a thud beside me. I turned my back to him and tried to keep my distance, knowing once I touched him now I physically couldn't let him go.

“Sye please, be an adult about this,” I groaned, internally aching as I zipped up my last bag and picked it up off the bed.

“No, I don't wanna,” he cried, stamping his foot and wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. I dropped my bags and spun in his arms, holding him close to me and fighting away tears.

“It's okay, we'll visit and keep in touch okay?” I coughed into the top of his head. He nodded into my chest and pulled away. I held him tightly, unwilling to ever let him go. I wouldn't admit it, but I was tearing apart inside. Going from seeing him everyday, nearly 24/7, sleeping in the same bed, waking up to his face, going to sleep with him in my arms, to nothing... how was I going to do this?