Chapter 10

So you were all eager to know what Sye does now he knows Joel likes him!

Some of you have guessed right... some have guessed wrong!

But like always, there's only one way to find out...

and that's too...

ENJOY!

Joel's P.O.V

“Hey bro, wanna play a game of chess?” Riley asked as he came over to me where I sat under a tree. I shrugged and he helped me up.

“Sure,” I said and brushed my hands on my pants.

“Awesome, you're on my team. We're vs Carla and Tyson,” Riley informed me as me as we headed over to the chess board. It was roughly the size of a tennis court and the pieces varied in sizes from the pawns being knee high, to the king being shoulder high. Carla was standing there all skinny and flirtatious to Tyson, who saw me and my brother and grinned, ignoring her and coming over.

“You got a team mate then,” Tyson laughed, talking to my brother. Riley might not know this, but I knew Tyson was crushing on him. Poor Tyson, pity my brother was straight, they'd make a cute couple what with Riley being manlier and taller and Tyson being cute and cuddly.

No, thinking about that only made me think of Sye, and thinking of Sye hurt.

I smiled and walked over to the white pieces, I liked making the first move.

“You ladies going to play or what?” I called to Riley and Tyson. Tyson blushed but Riley didn't see as he came over to me, still chuckling, and grabbed a pawn by the neck, bent over and hugged it.

“You're move big brother,” Riley grinned. Naw, he was so cute.

“I'm only older than you by a minute,” I reminded him and carried the end pawn two squares forward.

~

Riley and I won, of course, after a long eventful game. But it was only thanks to Riley, my mind refused to concentrate. I kept wondering if Sye was remembering anything from last night...

“Good game,” Tyson said to Riley, shaking his hand and holding onto it for a little longer than necessary. Riley was oblivious to it of course. Carla came up to me and touched my arm, playing with her hair. God she was annoying.

“So Joel, you talk to Sye much lately?” she battered her eyelashes. I rolled my eyes.

“We've only been at camp a few days,” I said, pretending to be bored when really I just wanted to get out of there. Carla's nose flared and then she sighed.

“Well can you keep a hold of him please? He keeps coming on to me when we're alone and stuff and it's getting a little pathetic,” she giggled. I gritted my teeth and tried to rationalise in my mind. Sye wasn't interested in her, I knew that for sure. She was just lying to try and annoy us because we both rejected her. But a part of me still got jealous and angry.