Chapter 14

So in this chapter you see a side of Sye only Gideon has seen before. I wonder how you guys will react to it?

And both plans are slowly being put into action.

Vote if you want Joel to attack Sye! And by attack i mean shove against a wall, pin him with his body, and kiss the crap out of him!

Enjoy!

Sye's P.O.V

I woke with a start and a gasp. I sat up and rubbed my face.

It's okay, it was just a nightmare. Nothing to worry about. I looked sideways and saw Samson sleeping in Joel's bed again. Joel was somewhere else, somewhere far away. It hurt to see that. I rolled over so my back was to him and pulled my blanket over my head.

Just a stupid dream.

“Morning Sye,” George whispered to me through the blanket. I groaned at him and put my hands over my ears.

He laughed, “Aw, come on. It's a bright brilliant new day.”

“Half of us are still sleeping,” I hissed.

“But the best of us are seizing the day,” George added. Why was he so cheery? Oh wait, he's with Tristan now. Aw, so cute. I was so happy for him.

A hah, I had work to do if my plan was going to work. I sat up quickly and smacked George in the face. He fell back and laughed.

“Sorry,” I laughed and jumped out of bed. I hurriedly got dressed and George and I ran from the room laughing. Probably waking the rest of the boys sleeping up. Oh well.

We ran to the breakfast tables and fought over a seat. I won. Then we shovelled down food for the day. Yum, French toast, I just love breakfast. It was my favourite time of the day.

“Come on slow poke,” George called to me as he finished and got up. I put the last bit of my toast in my mouth and stood too.

“Coming,” I laughed with my mouthful and ran after him to the lake where people were setting up flags and cones in the water, outlining lanes. The fresh sunny warm morning air smelt amazing. Sarah was there bossing people around with a clipboard.

“No Fin, don't put that there. How many times do I have to tell you?” she yelled at Fin who was cheekily holding a bucket of water on top of his head. George poked me in the side to make me look at him and then he waddled around in a circle with his hand out like a fake clipboard and pointing a finger at things making an angry face. I cackled and had to hold my stomach. I don't know what it was, but I had a feeling today was going to be awesome. Tristan walked up behind George, slapped him on the bum, grabbed him around the waist and lifted him up. George, who hadn't seen him coming, squealed and thrashed about.

“AH WHO'S GOT ME?” he screamed. Tristan laughed and put him back on his feet, turning him around to face him. “Oh, it's just you honey,” George giggled and kissed Tristan lightly on the lips. Tristan blushed having me watch and hid his face behind George's head. Which meant he had to bend down because he's taller than George is. I laughed and wondered off to assess the lanes.

If I was going to win, I needed to pick the best route. There were five lanes in total, all starting a little out for shore and going out to the flying fox platform in the water. I guess one of the lifeguards was going to stand on that and watch from that end.