Chapter 22

WOW, boy did i get off topic... so this story really has taken a turn i wasn't expecting...

Oh well...

ENJOY!

Carla's P.O.V

“NO! THIS JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH! THEY'RE COMING AFTER US THEMESELVES? FOOLS! GREG, GET OUR WEAPON STOCK! IT'S NOW OR NEVER!” I cried as I looked down at the idiot as he tied up his shoelace. He rose slowly and looked down at me.

“You're wish is my command,” he purred and brushed his lips over my forehead.

“Joel will be mine...” I cooed.

Joel's P.O.V

With Riley gone to visit Leo in hospital, and Tristan already there with George, we were a few men short. But nothing we couldn't handle. At least I was reassured that my brother would be safe elsewhere. It was lucky for George, he got there just in time for the doctors to stop the bleeding. Now he was in the same situation as Leo, just had to wait and heal up. I was so relieved, and so was Sye, not that you could tell with his raging rampage for revenge and victory. Right now I was guarding the cafeteria door while he looted the draws for knifes etc.

“Sye we don't need weapons, we're only going to find him and hand him over to the police. Right?” I growled at him for the millionth time.

“Yeah yeah.” Was his usual reply, but I had the feeling he wasn't listening. I went over and grabbed his arm and turned him to face me.

“Look, why are you so hell bent on this? The police can take care of it. I'm upset too, it could have been Riley instead of Leo, or you instead of George, but I don't want you, or anyone else, going to jail for murder. So what's going on?” I hissed at him. Keeping it hushed in case someone came past.

“Joel, my dad was murdered,” Sye said to him, his voice flat, his face expressionless, “They never found the guy who did it. The cops did everything they could to find him but they didn't. He could be out there right now killing other innocent people because why? Because the police are lazy good for nothing sobs who make up excuses to get them out of work. I'm not letting that happen a second time.” I gulped, almost terrified by how calm he seemed about hurting another human being.

“But Sye, if you kill this guy, doesn't that make you as bad as him? And what are you going to do once you do? The police will come looking for you. Are you going to be like that man and never be caught?” I spat. I hated that when I was worried, I just got angry. It sent the wrong messages. Sye lashed out and his fist connected with my jaw.

“Don't ever compare me to that bastard again,” he hissed, venom on his tongue, and stormed out. A chill ran through me as I rubbed my aching face and stared after him.

Murphy's P.O.V

“Say it again,” I mused as I pinned Tyson to his bed in the empty dorm room. He chuckled and turned his head to the side, licking my wrist. I know we were supposed to be helping Sye collect things and everything, but I needed a... little break.