Chapter 8

So here it is, the party and the dare scene... dun dun duuuuunnnnnn! Oh what will happen? Is it serious? or all in good fun? only one way to find out... and that's to keep reading!

Enjoy!

Sye's P.O.V

The party scene in front of me was unbelievable. It was a big flat area by the trees with tables in the middle with food and drink. A big stereo system was set up to the side and was pumping music so loud the liquid in the bottles actually shook.

DOOF DOOF DOOF DOOF!

There was a big bonfire too, and people were dancing around it and singing along to the music. George was the centre of attention, of course, and currently he was shaking a bottle of coke up, making a show of it. Then took off the lid and waved it at everyone, soaking most of the girls in skimpy tight clothing. Normally I would have been all over that, I wonder why I wasn't feeling compelled now? The boys cheered George for his good job and then George took his shirt off and climbed onto a table. Joel had been right to warn me about George being a party animal.

The party had only been going five minutes and he's already half naked. Joel and Riley were talking to the twin girls over to the side out of the table. I walked over and looked up at George as he did the chicken dance.

“So you're just going to dance up their all night are you?” I laughed at him. He leant down and put his hands on my shoulders.

“Boy, you don't know the half of it,” he said and then stood up and cackled. I hovered around talking to people and dancing for a little while while George started attacking things, digging holes in the ground, throwing empty bottles of soft drink into the fire and watching them explode. He was completely out of control, I couldn't wait to see him drunk.

Someone tapped my shoulder and I turned around to see Joel leaning down to me.

“Tristan's got the grog,” he whispered to me.

“So early?” I asked.

“Nervous about drinking the first time hey Sye?” Joel snickered, then he went over to George to tell him about the booze. Joel went around and tapped the older boys on the shoulders and we all went off to the dorm. We went through the dorm and out the back door where Tristan's Ute was and he was standing in the tray grinning at us.

“WHOO!” George cried and jumped up in the tray beside him and started dishing out the cases of beer. Samson, one of the older boys, turned to go into the dorm but Tristan stopped him.

“Mate, not this time. Dad's getting the kids to retire early, we gotta go bush,” he said and pointed over to the trees.

A bunch of boys drinking under-age in the woods, that's not a recipe for disaster or anything. But I didn't voice my concern, I wanted to prove I wasn't some juvenile kid. We trudged off into the woods carrying the beer and then found a small clearly and all sat around in a circle. There were eleven of us all together.

“Crack open the beer!” George cried and ripped open the box, letting the bottles roll into the dirt. He picked up one, popped off the cap and downed it in one go. Joel, who was sitting on my right, nudged me.

“Still think you're more of a party animal than him? You've been pretty quiet,” he grinned mischievously.

“Sure,” I smirked and grabbed a bottle of beer and downed it in one just like George.