Chapter 14

Sitting at the dining room table a awkward silence filled the air. Glance from one Phantomhive to the other, Sebastian didn't know if this was normal or not for them. So he decided it was best not to say anything. Noticing that a smile had appeared across Vincent's face he glanced over at Ciel and say she was glaring at her father.

"Isn't she simply adorable," Vincent said as he glanced over at Sebastian.

Jumping a bit after he heard his random statement. Thought he didn't know if it was an actual statement or a question.

"What do you think you're doing?" Ciel asked her father as she pulled his attention back on her.

"Oh, I'm just making some simple conversation with this young man," Vincent stated as looked at her.

"So your starting it out like that!" She was practically yelling at him at this point.

"Of course, how else are you supposed to talk about our lovely kitten." Vincent said as he lifted the cat up and showed her.

Sebastian's eyes widened when he saw the kitten. A twinkle came to his eyes as he heard the kitten let out a small mew. "She is adorable," he said having his full attention on her, well until he heard a sneeze that stole his attention. Looking towards the sound of the sneeze, he saw Ciel stand up and cover her nose with a clean napkin.

"Something the matter princess?" Vincent asked watching her stand up.

"Get that thing away from me," Ciel said as she let out another sneeze.

"You mean this," he held up the kitten again. As his expression changed into a worried looked.

"Yes that! You of all people should know," she paused as she sneezed again. "Should know I'm allergic to cats." She let out another sneeze.

"Oh that right, it totally slipped my mind when I picked her up. I do apologize Ciel, will you ever forgive me." He said as he set the kitten down and stood up. Walking over to Ciel he watched as she moved away from him. Frowning he moved towards her again and watched as she moved away as she sneezed more.

"If I say yes will you please go get changed!" She asked as she kept her mouth covered.

Looking down at his clothes he noticed that there was cat hair on him. "Of course."

"Than go and take that, thing with you!" She pointed at the cat. Watching her father walk out of the room with the kitten, she let out a soft sigh and walked back over to the table. "I'm sorry you have to ..... witness that."

"Is that a normal occurrence!" Sebastian asked as he was concerned for her health.

"No! It's only the second or third time he's forgotten." Ciel said it like it was nothing to worry about.

After he got changed, Vincent joined to two teenagers back in the dining hall. With his dog at his side he stopped before he entered the room. "This is going to be fun Sebastian," he said to the dog as he opened the door and walked in.