Chapter Six

"Like me like, like me as a friend," His voice cracked and he bit his lip, "Or, like like me?"

I crack a nervous smile, "I believe it is the second one... You know, I almost kissed you back there, so yeah."

He seemed shocked. His beautiful blue eyes were wide and his mouth was shaped in an "O" as he processed this. Please, don't let this change our friendship for the worst.

"How long?"

"What?!" I asked taking it a completely different way.

It took Jack a second to get why I looked at him like he had three heads. He bursted out into laughter, face held in hands. This caused me to chuckle before I eventually ended up basically dying, "I mean if you really wanna' know man-"

"That's not what I meant," He wiped a tear from laughing, "Thank you though. I needed that."

"Needed what? To know how long-"

Jack suddenly interrupted me, "Shush! You know what I actually meant."

I readjusted the way I was sitting, "That day we played our first gmod, I sorta maybe liked you a tiny bit but I didn't notice. In fact, I didn't fully know until I saw you in person at PAX. However, I had suspicions before then.

"My only thought was, 'Shit. I'm screwed... I like one of my best friends...' So I just continued on like it was a normal friendship and never told I had feelings for you. Septiplier was already being shipped by then though and it scared the shit out of me because I thought they seriously knew that I liked you."

Jack sat there, a smile on his face. That's a good sign. A very, very good sign. It was a silence filled with suspense that made me shift uncomfortably. Heart pounding, hands sweating and shaking, not a word was said as I waited.

"Well I'm going to go get something to drink," I said, voice cracking a bit.

"No Mark-"

There was the sound of a loud slam behind me and instinctively, I spun and aimed my pistol, standing in front of my friend. Luckily, it was just a hyperventilating Felix repeating "Oh my God," over and over again. Jack automatically shot up and asked if Marzia was alright.

He nodded and sat down, eyes focused on the floor. We decided to let it slide since he seemed really upset and stressed about it. Wade suddenly ran out and started explaining about some safe city where there were no infected, a distant look in his eyes.

I rolled my eyes, sighing. He knew that the city wasn't a real and never would be real. We were- Wait.

"Okay, Wade, that city is not real. But someone has been keeping tabs on us appearently," I look at Jack, my face getting red, "Hand me the pictures."

The blue eyed Irish man quickly fook them out of the bag, dropping stuff in the process. His cheeks were a bright pink as he gave them to me. Oh yeah and our fingers touched. He awkwardly ripped his hand away and sat down on the couch, covering his tomato colored face.

I could tell by how hot my neck, ears, and cheeks felt, I probably was the same. So, I handed Fe the pictures and watched Jack run into the bathroom.

Jack's P.O.V

Back and forth. Back and forth. I was pacing in the huge bathroom, chewing on my nails before stopping and staring at the shower in horror.

Flashes of Matt and Chica blurred my vision. The loud snarling and growling echoing in my ears repeatedly like a never ending playlist. Sliding down the wall, I covered my ears, tears threatening to spill.