Chapter 11

Dan is gone.

This morning we were woken up by this huge crash that turned out to be Phil throwing a water canteen at the wall of the new little shack we're staying in.  He was curled up in the corner, tears staining his pale cheeks, eyes not moving from Dan's sleeping bag. He also had one of Dan's shirts in his arms.

Phil was officially broken.

That was a big slap in the face. He was the optimist who tried his best to keep us together. What are we going to do without that? Mark and I, we'll lose our minds. Felix, Wade, Bob, Marzia, Cry, and now Dan... All that's left of them are the things we've carried this entire time.

Cry's mask.

Marzia's picture of her, Pewds, and their dogs.

Felix's engagement ring for Marzia that he kept just in case this situation got better.

Bob's glasses.

Wade's wedding ring.

Adding onto this huge collection, Dan's black shirt with the white ring on it.

How much more can we possibly take? This is not what I had planned. (A/N: Kudos to you if you get it)

We were supposed to survive together. I mean as unrealistic as it was, that is what I hoped. The reality of it all hit me when our friends started disappearing.

I wasn't supposed to be in the last three. I was supposed to have died by now.  How is any of this fair?

Also, how come my mind is just a bunch of questions that I know will not be answered?

Mark clapped Phil on the shoulder, "We've got to go. I- I'm sure he's okay. We- We can find him. Maybe... Maybe..."

He was trying to find an explanation for our friend. But not a single solution came to mind. Now that I think about it, none of this makes any sense whatsoever.

What were those pictures?

Who took them?

Why did they know everything about us?

What were the notes about?

Wait.

Hold on.

"Why wasn't there a note left for Dan?" I suddenly ask causing Phil to furrow his brows.

Phil added, "And he was a part of whatever this final four thing is... So why would he be t-"

A very girly screech sounded in the distance, "Phil! Fucking asshat! Come help me!"

There would be Mr. Howell. We all looked at each other before dashing over to where it came from.

We found Dan but he wasn't in one of his proudest moments. Phil bursted out into laughter once he saw what Dan had gotten himself into.

He was hanging upside down from one of those traps that hunters would use to trap animals. I felt it coming, as serious as I tried to be, I couldn't stop it. It started as a chuckle. But after that,  there was no stopping it.

Pretty soon, Mark, Phil, and I were all leaning on each other for support (mostly me and Mark because Phan is far taller then us).

"Guys it's not funny--" Dan cut himself off, "Okay maybe it's a little funny... Jeez. I hope you three find my shame so hilarious that you choke on your own saliva."

Me being the first one to get myself together, I take out my knife, "I got you bud."

I cut him down which causes him to fall headfirst onto the forest ground. The laughter gets harder.

"Jesus Christ I'm going to end it all."

(A/N: Hey guys.... The Forest Fic. I'm just reminding everyone of that in honor of this story having 666 votes.)

                                 ***
Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Life would be so much easier if we had a--

"A car!" Mark exclaimed causing my eyes to go wide.

How did he know what I was talking about? Oh wait. He's pointing. My eyes follow that direction. I'm not good with cars so all I knew was that it was a mini van of some sort.

Huh, how convenient.

Mark looks both ways before crossing the street. I'm not sure if that was a subconscious thing or not but I externally facepalmed so hard that there was a red handprint on my forehead.

"Mark," I sigh, following, "You do realize that you don't need to look both ways anymore, right?"

"Yes I do. There could be some spooky zombies," He answered in the tone I haven't heard in forever.

It was the defensive tone you heard during the video games we would play together. A smile tugged at my lips as I kissed his cheek, "There's my Markimoo."

A red hue found its way onto Mark's cheeks.

"Get a room!" Dan teased.

This resulted in Phil elbowing him. Shaking my head, I yell, "Shotgun!"

"WHERE?"

All of us just stare at Dan. "Today is not your day man."

My feet start leading me to the car. I open the door and suddenly a demon child hops at me, scratching my arm. "Fuck!" I scream and slam the door on her fingers.

I tried my best not to feel bad as she yelped in pain. Phil rushes over, opens the door, looks away, and shoots her right in the head. Mark grabs my arm and examines it, "Thank God. You should be fine... Jack! Car safety! Always check the backseat! Have you not seen Zombieland?"

"I didn't know those rules applied in real life!"

It was now his turn to facepalm.

----------------------------------------------

OKAY HELLO EVERYONE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS FAR. JEEZ.

HOnestly guys. I love each and every one of you comments, they inspire me to continue writing this story. Keep up the good work :)

Thank you all again. I'm so grateful.

By the way, I hope you guys enjoy the comic relief I put into my chapters because I don't want this book to be so serious to the point where it's depressing.

I don't know. Tell me in the comments if I should keep this amount of it or if dialing it down would be better. I'm not adding more though because I still need it to be somewhat serious and not just a bunch of GXBFJDZHSVVCDLYXOTZJRSSOTSTSMATSIRSKTSSTODP.

Ya know?

You get it.

BYE AND THANK YOU!

-Crazy Bish