5. Flower Crown (AU)

|2008|

Robert Douglas Thomas Pattinson entered the restaurant on Hill Street. He was surprised how empty was it. Don't they have any clients? , he asked himself.

One more thing that made him wonder was why were the waiters teenagers. Back home, in England, it wasn't typical. Maybe it was only in Los Angeles.

One of the teenage waiters approached him and seated him at a table for two. She was smiling wide. Rob sent her a weird glare.

"Welcome to Cherry Knots!" , she greeted. "My name is Alicia and I will be your waitress tonight. Would you like anything to drink?"

Rob was honestly unsure what to order. He kept on producing the "Uhh" sound, which slightly confused the waitress. He was still staring at the rest of the waiters, who were standing in a circle and he could see the backs of most of them.

Rob had managed to actually see the face of one of the teenage waiters. More like a teenage waitress. The girl was diverging from the rest not only with her flower crown, but as well with her big smile and bright-looking eyes.

"Mr? Are you ready to order" , Alicia asked. She got no reply. She repeated her question, until she noticed how he was staring at the waitress with the flower crown.

"Oh, her? That's Kristen, my best friend," she explained cheerfully. There it was again. Why were they so cheerful? Were they like that all the time?

"She is the little ball of sunshine here," spoke he.

Alicia chuckled and added that it was so true. When Rob asked her what was with the flower crown Kristen was wearing, she replied:

"She not only loves flower crowns. She totally and absolutely adores them."

The man nodded.

"Do you want me to bring her here so she can take your order?"

"Yes, please,"

Alicia sent him a smile and approached her friends. She lightly tapped Kristen's shoulder. The smaller brunette turned around.

"Ah!" , she gasped. "Alicia!"

Her friend made her a sign to stay silent.

"Do you see the handsome man with the fair hair over there?" , discretely showed she to Kristen, who shook her head yes. "Can you take his order, please?"

"Ermm ... sure?"

The small brunette nervously walked to the handsome stranger. She shyly greeted him and introduced herself. He chuckled.

"Kristen", he pronounced her name perfectly with his thick British accent. "Why don't you sit next to me?"

She hesitated. As much as she wanted to keep her "good girl" reputation, she wanted to sit next to this handsome stranger. She looked at Mrs Larkin, her boss and Masterchief (yes, she had won Masterchief), like she was pleading. She saw her nodding and smiling.

Kristen grinned back at Robert and sat next to him. They started talking. Lindsey, one of Kristen and Alicia's friends, was their waitress for the night.

As Mrs Larkin was watching how Robert was making Kristen giggle, like a child, the old lady smiled, feeling grateful for having not only Kristen, but the rest of "The Ocean Gang" as well. They were very motivated and helpful around the kitchen. It was hard for her to run "Cherry Knots" all alone, even with her best friend, known as Mrs Curie.

They didn't stop talking, until Mrs Curie announced that it was already 3AM and that they had to close.

Kristen pouted, like a little girl. She could stay there with him forever.

He was the sweetest man she had ever met in her eighteen years of existence. He was so intelligent and handsome, his grey-blue eyes were sparkling when he was talking.

She suddenly wished she could spend eternity with him.

Just looking at his eyes, she could feel he wanted the same.

And they walked hand in hand out of "Cherry Knots" , knowing that they were meant to be together, like mates. Like true soulmates.