14. Jealousy

|2016|

Have you ever felt jealousy towards someone you truly loved? The famous actor Robert Pattinson knew that the answer to that question (at least for him) was yes.

Recently, he had gotten back together with his long-time girlfriend, who was an actress too - Kristen Stewart. She had become even more beautiful than he remembered her from three years ago (when they had last seen each other). Wiser, stronger . . .  She not only looked and acted like a woman. She was finally accepted as one. Before, they would look at her and joke about her being a tomboy. Now, everything had changed. She had changed. Sure, from time to time, she would let inappropriate words out of her mouth, or occasionally smoke a cigarette or two, but she had truly changed. She was no more the odd girl out.

He was watching her, as she was sleeping, stroking her bleached blonde hair and thinking how young she was, yet how many things she had accomplished

He was watching her, as she was sleeping, stroking her bleached blonde hair and thinking how young she was, yet how many things she had accomplished. And it made him feel worthless, empty. He had recently turned 30 and felt like he hadn't done anything in his life, compared to her. She was so hard-working, inspiring and motivated. He was nothing, next to her.

Robert had to do something. He couldn't bottle his emotions inside of himself forever. That would ruin his relationship with Kristen forever. And he didn't want to lose her again. But what to do? How could he walk up to her and tell her how he truly felt on the inside?

He kept on stroking her hair, thinking of the future. He had to tell her as soon as possible. She deserved to know.

Rob felt her stirring in her sleep and soon her eyes were open. She had woken up. Bravo to him! He had woken her up! Fool, he mentally scolded himself and forced himself to smile at his wonderful girlfriend, feeling hurt from his own feelings.

"Good morning, honey," he cooed, feeling nervous. What if she was upset that he had woken her up too early in the morning. "I'm so sorry for waking you up, love."

She looked at him, a little confused. "You didn't wake me up. I was just about to wake up anyways."

Rob smiled and kissed her for good morning. What a nice surprise it was that she had kissed him back more passionately than usual. Somehow, more hungrily.

"Go do your morning routine and I'll make you breakfast, okay?"

She giggled and obeyed.

What a lucky man Robert was. At least that was what everyone were telling him. He didn't feel like that. He felt as if he was only known as "Kristen Stewart's boyfriend" (and she had turned into a very successful lady in their society). As he was setting the table, having just finished making Kristen's favorite breakfast, he was thankful his hands or body weren't shaking, otherwise, he would have dropped something and ruin the little surprise he was preparing. He wanted to show Kristen how much he loved her, that his words meant so much.

She came downstairs, looking gorgeous even in jeans and one of Rob's T-shirts.

"Thanks, baby," she chirped and kissed his cheek, before taking a seat to start her breakfast. He sat, as well, but he couldn't eat. He needed to tell her now.

"Sweetheart," he softly cleared his throat. "Do you have any work today?"

She shook her head no. "Today I don't."

"Thanks, God. I needed to tell you something anyways," he confessed.

She looked at him, confused. What did he want to tell her? "What's wrong?"

He tenderly grasped her wrist and took her to the sofa, where they sat.

"Well," he began. There it went. The truth - about to shine. "Last night, as I was watching you sleep, I was thinking about you."

She raised her eyebrows. "And?"

Robert took a deep breath, feeling Kristen stroking his hair and holding his hand. She was so kindhearted. He confessed everything - how lately he had been so jealous of her, that it had been killing him on the inside. She couldn't help but feel guilty. It made her eyes fill with tears from shame. How come she hadn't noticed earlier how much had he been hurting?

"Look at you," he said, standing with her by his side, in front of the hallway mirror. He was trying to show her how she looked next to him in comparison - how she was so beautiful and brave, while he was just a pip-squeak.

"Rob," she spoke, on the verge of tears. How one the love of her life couldn't see how amazing and inspiring he was? "Rob, baby, look at me," she cupped his face with her palms. "You've done great things yourself. Look how far went the Twilight Saga and you were a big part of it."

He couldn't believe her words. If he disappeared, no one would care. If she disappeared, the whole fandom would cry and worry about her health.

"When you received a César award and you became the pride of the country-"

She interrupted him and shook her head. "Rob. You don't need to be the pride of the country for me to love you. I adore you just the way you are! Don't you know what a big inspiration you are? Especially for me?" And gave him a tight hug, pressing her petite body close to his.

He wrapped his arms around her back, beginning to stroke it up and down in perfect pace.

"I love you, Robert," she whispered in his ear.

"I love you too, Kristen. My little angel."

And that was when the tears of betrayal ran down his face, wetting his own T-shirt. Hiccuping and crying, he managed to say how much Kristen had grown up for these years - from a sweet young girl to a strong, independent woman. "My dear angel."

Kristen let go of his arms and wiped his tears away. "You don't need to feel like this. Remember - you're amazing, just the way you are and we all love you for who you are. You don't need to be like me or anyone else. Just be yourself."

He leaned down, until his lips met hers. At this moment, he was grateful he had her. He truly was a lucky man.