Chapter 4: SPARE ME!!!

Prince Jay was swift and unforgiving, and the witch was becoming too weak to fight him off.

A swish of gold flashed before her eyes before she was wounded once again, and then he evaporated from sight.

The only thing slowing him down was the sound of Giritin's silent whimpers as his eyes strained to remain open.

The color in Giritin's delicate face had completely drained, and Jay knew the witch was draining him of his energy in order to stay on the move.

Whenever the witch collapsed from pain, Jay smashed the magic draining shell with his sword, and slowly it began to crack from each powerful blow.

The witch eventually grew impatient of fighting a losing battle, and she put her black magic to good use.

The bones of children who were long past dead rose from the ground, and they advanced towards Jay with only the drive to kill.

Jay's conscience wouldn't allow him to smash them to pieces, so he evaded them as best he could before landing a fatal blow into the ground.

"You can't avoid me forever," Jay hissed, "I'm going to kill you, right here, right now."

"Then say goodbye to your husband," She cackled flashing through the air, and Jay glanced over at Giritin.

He had finally given in to sleep.

"What did you do to him?!??!!" Jay yelled angrily, and the walls of the cave shook with his fury.

"I've killed him," She replied landing gracefully on her feet, "Go ahead, check."

Jay didn't move a muscle, she was too close for him to give up his chance.

"My husband is the only leverage you had against me," He argued gripping his sword tightly, "Someone in your position would never be stupid enough to let him die."

"I just did," She replied, her fingers crackling with magic, "Now, it's your turn."

Jay was quick to evade her attacks, the blade of his sword cleanly cutting her neck.

A sticky black goo fell from the opening in her greenish skin, and he cringed from the repulsive smell, it was enough to almost put him to sleep.

"Get your slimy hands off of me!" She clawed, causing his arms to bleed.

His eyes fell upon her disheveled figure in disbelief, her shark teeth stained red from her kills.

"Gladly," He replied tossing her to the mucky floor beneath them, and he held his sword directly over her black heart.

"SPARE ME!!!!" She begged helplessly, but Giritin's unmoving body told him otherwise.

"Is he really dead?" Jay asked quizzically, "If you lie to me, I'll kill you here and now."

The corners of her mouth turned up into a smile, and she allowed herself to relax on the ground.

"Go see for yourself," She replied quietly.

"If you insist," He replied placing his palm on the hilt of his sword, and he pierced her heart, catching her completely by surprise.