Chapter 26: Lets go to war

Side note: I'm tired of stalling so I'm just going to get straight into the war part. If I hate how I constructed these last chapters I'll just come back and fix them but the reality is I've been getting a little bored so it's all about to go down.

If you've made it this far in the book I congratulate you. I think you deserve an award champ.
--------------------

Giritin rode into Drendecile on the back of Ziken with Bethany and the Snake King behind him.

The king of Drendecile and Princess Clover awaited their attack patiently, preparing to attack the large dragon, and Giritin rose to his feet.

"I've been waiting for this moment since I fled that damned castle," He growled, "Are you two ready?"

"Never been more prepared than I was at this moment," The snake king replied, "Let's go."

Giritin leapt from Ziken's back, chanting a spell of protection for him before concentrating on the landing, and Bethany hit the earth with a crash.

Her focus was set completely on Clover while the Snake King settled his feud with the king, and Giritin skipped his way into the castle as the town was set aflame in Ziken's wraith.

The castle had no light when Giritin entered, so he used a little magic to light up the room, and was attacked from behind by a dark knight.

"Ouch," Giritin complained hopping to his feet, and he turned around to see a large piece of metal looking down at him angrily.

"Bring it on," Giritin challenged excitedly, and the knight continued to stab at him angrily, irritable that his attacks weren't producing any result.

Outside Princess Clover was shrieking, causing the walls of the castle to shake from the power of it, and Bethany willed her body to cut off her hearing, concentrating solely on taking Clover down.

The king of Drendecile was knocking the wind out of the snake king who laughed every time he was hit in the face by something heavy and painful before jumping back to his feet to land a rough kick to the King's skull.

Clover and her father were faltering with each attack, but they sent their opponents crumbling when they combined the King's harsh winds and her body numbing screeches that sent the people of Drendecile screaming for mercy.

Meanwhile, Giritin had a hard time casting a formidable spell with large pieces of the castles ceiling falling down on top of him, and he had to protect himself from their impact as the dark knight was ruthlessly stabbing his weapon in Giritin's direction.

After several moments of squabbling, Giritin made a hole in the concrete piece in front of him and charged all of his power solely on the chest plate of the knight.

His eyes sparked in excitement with the glory of a new kill, and as the metal melted away, he was horrified to see the terrified face of Prince Jay screaming in agony as Giritin's Magic ate him alive.

Giritin pulled all of his magic back into his body, ignoring the consequences of taking too much lethal power in at once, and he held Prince Jay's beating heart over his chest, concentrating on returning it to his body.

When Prince Jay realized what he had done under the control of his armor, he begged for Giritin to stop the lethal power from ripping him apart, but Giritin refused.

If he didn't return Prince Jay's heart to him in time, his bargain with the old wizard would've been for nothing, and there was no way he was going to let that happen.

Giritin enveloped Prince Jay in a protective shell as the power within his body overrode his resistance, and Prince Jay wept out in agony as the castle exploded from the impact, toppling over everyone who was fighting outside.

When the King of Drendecile noticed Clover was about to be crushed beneath the rubble, he used what was remaining of his power to save her before he was crushed beneath the remnants of his castle.

The snake king was saved by Bethany who channeled the power of her armor to protect him before they were avalanched by the King's faithful knight Agnes.

Bethany and Agnes clashed swords while the Snake King used his skills in one on one combat to inflict lethal injuries to Agnes's skull.

Fresh blood spilled from Agnes's mouth as his mind filled with the prospect of stealing gold from the snake king's kingdom, and he forced his body to press on despite the repetitive blows to his skull.

Clover took the time alone to run away into the forest in search of her precious Ezekis, and was captured by his brother instead.

"Ziken?" She asked in horror, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to capture a pretty little lady," He hissed, his vulgar breath causing her to wince from the smell, "I didn't expect it'd be this easy."

Ziken's men all laughed maniacally as they galloped off into the woods, and Giritin's dragon set fire to the trees in sorrow of Giritin's untimely death.

Ziken's rampage was enough to pull Agnes, Bethany, and the snake king out of battle as the flames ate away at the field outside of the castle, and they all ran inside for cover as fire overtook the beautiful crops that once were growing in Drendecile.

Bethany turned her back and saw Prince Jay laying lifelessly on the floor, his eyes staring directly at the empty space in front of him.

"Prince Jay?" Bethany guessed, "Where is Giritin?"

Jay didn't respond, and she curiously looked to the same spot he was staring at, nervous about what must have happened.

"Prince Jay," Bethany repeated, "What happened?"

"He's dead," Agnes intercepted.

A dark twinkle lit up in his mind until the windows were shattered by Ziken's flame, and they all hit the floor to avoid it.

Prince Jay glared Agnes's way, his emotions all balled up into one horrible feeling after regaining his heart, and Bethany lightly touched his back in comfort.

"Prince, he will return," She assured him, "He's a wizard, right?"

"He exploded," Prince Jay replied lifelessly, "He's gone."

Bethany grabbed Prince Jay by the collar of his shirt, and pulled him up to face her, her features as hard and unforgiving as his.

"He's not," She argued again, "He's alive, I can feel it, here."

Her fist lightly touched the spot over her heart, and Prince Jay's tears flooded his face in an instant.

"How can you be so sure?" He asked whimpering, "I watched him disappear.... Right in front of me."

"Because he just raised a dragon," Bethany replied with an amused grin, "A guy like that will never die."

------

I apologize if that was completely horrible, but it's all of the steam I have right now. I wanted to do much more with this book and hopefully I'll get my life together and make it better.