Chapter 13: Clover will pay

Prince Jay arrived in Fairiosa with anger pumping in his veins. Princess Clover had really rid Drendecile of Giritin, and the report of his death was reported by several peasants within the realm.

"Death by hanging," He growled slamming his armor to the ground, "MY HUSBAND!"

Jay's mother arose from the fields holding a small wolf in her hands, her stare as hard and unforgiving as her sons.

"Your journey was not fruitful?" She asked joining him.

"Fruitful?!" Jay asked in outrage, "I have never felt this betrayed in my life! Princess Clover is no princess, she's a snake!"

"Son, explain yourself," She demanded, and the wolf in her arms was woken from its sleep.

"The wizard," Jay began with shaking hands, "The man I love, I found him."

"That's great!" She enthused, "Where is he?"

"He is dead," Jay snapped, "Murdered by that woman, and her useless father."

"Oh no," She muttered in discontent, "What are we supposed to tell your father?"

"What I tell him is no concern of mine at this point," He replied with a distant look in his eye, "I have to get my revenge."

"Jay-" his mother began but he was already storming into the dungeons.

"Ezra?" The King of Fairiosa asked frowning, "Is something the matter?"

"It's your son," She replied somberly, "He has suffered greatly from this journey, the union between Princess Clover and our son has broken."

"Nonsense," He growled, "Where is he? I will discuss this privately with my son."

"In the dungeons," She replied quietly and the king understood what had happened perfectly.

The only other time Prince Jay had been in the dungeons was when his baby sister was murdered by a thief and he had disappeared for several years to pursue him.

Once he had returned, the head of the thief was hung like a kabob on Jay's sword, and he spent the rest of the night smashing it with an axe.

"I'll speak to him when he returns to my chambers," The King corrected, "Let him know I will be awaiting his presence."

"Yes my love," She agreed, "Please do not overdo it this time dear."

"When have I ever overdone it?" He asked with a dark laugh.