Chapter 1

Picture : Carl

Edited by : Ashley_B3

*********

Chapter 1

“Hey, Kierra, can you come over to Carl’s room now?” Jack asks on the other line.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Come over and you’ll know. Can you asked Gina to come too?” he replied. “The rest of the guys are already here.”

“Ok.” I hung up my phone. “Gina, the guys want to meet us in Carl’s room now.” I told Gina, my roommate, who was watching TV.

“What’s wrong?” asked Gina, who followed me to Carl’s room, which is actually in the next building.

“I don’t know. Your boyfriend didn’t want to tell me. He said we’ll know when we get there, but he sounded very urgent.” I shrugged.

We reached Carl's room, knocked on the door, and entered. “Hey guys, we’re here. What’s up?” asked Gina eagerly.

“What’s wrong, Carl? You look like you just lost a cat.” I joked and laughed, hoping the rest of the guys would laugh with me, but instead I received glares from all of them. I kept my mouth shut and bit my lip. God, there must be something terribly wrong, I told myself.

Carl, Jack, Ben, and Jason have been my four best friends since high school. The five of us had purposely applied to and managed to get into the same college. Yeah, I was the only girl in the group. Gina joined the group when she and I became roommates our 1st year. Now, in our final year, Gina has become my closest girl friend and Jack's girlfriend.

I’m definitely a tomboy and the guys treat me as one of them. I will always wear baggy shorts with an oversized t-shirt. No one but Gina has seen my long brown hair because I’ve always covered it up with a bandana and a baseball cap. My mother never allowed me to cut my hair short to look like a boy. I had cut it off once and my mother cried for like a month and since then, I’ve never cut my hair short again, I would just trim it. They tried to create a boy name for me once but were scolded by my mom saying that no one should change her daughter’s name. According to my mom, even though her daughter might look and act like a boy, I am still her beautiful little girl. She's always wishing that I would someday change and start wearing lady clothes.

Four of them are very good looking but Carl is the most outstanding one. He has dark brown hair, beautiful brown eyes, and an athletic body. I've actually secretly had a crush on him since high school, but I've managed to keep it to myself.  No one knows my feelings towards him, none of the guys, including Gina. I’m scared that once I tell him or the rest of the guys, they will laugh at me. I'm also scared that Carl would run away as far as he could from me. I don’t want that to happen, I want us to be friends forever.

“Kierra, I need your help.” Carl finally said to me, waking me up from the thoughts.

“What? Carl Carrington needs my help?” I asked, unable to believe my ears. Carl never asked any favors from anyone before. He has been the one who would do the favors for the four of us.

“Yes, Kierra, Carl needs your help.” this time it was Jason who clarified it for me.

“What kind of help? And why me?” I asked again.

“Cause you are the only one who can help him.” injected Ben.

“Yeah ok, only me,” I nodded trying to understand “but what kind of help?”

The guys looked at Carl “You should tell her yourself.” says Jack to him, pushing his shoulder.

“Tell me what, guys?” I urged and looked directly at Carl. I didn’t like the suspense.